If you are looking to cool off this summer here is a fantastic Easy 10 minute Vanilla Ice Cream in a Bag recipe for you! Not only is it fast to make but it is fun, too! This is perfect for all ages. My kids all enjoyed being involved in the whole process of making ice cream. They each all took turns shaking it, too. This is perfect for cooling off during the summer, pre-school groups, scout camps or family reunions! It is guaranteed to be a big hit!
Easy 10 minute Vanilla Ice Cream in a Bag
Ice cubes (enough to fill each gallon-size bag about half full)
1 c. half and half or milk
1/2 c. rock salt (The bigger the granules, the better. Kosher or rock salt works best, but table salt is fine.)
2 T sugar
1/2 t. vanilla
1 gallon size ziplock bag
1 quart size ziplock bag
1. Add sugar, half and half or milk, and vanilla extract into quart size ziplock bag. Seal.
2. Inside Gallon bag, add the rock salt and ice.
3. Put the quart size ziplock bag into the larger bag and seal.
5. Shake some more.
6. Shake harder.
7. Pass it off to someone else to shake some more, so your hands don’t freeze…
8. After about 10 minutes of shaking, your ice cream will be ready!
9. Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Note: If your ice cream isn't finished after ten minutes and your ice is melting, you can dump out the water and add more ice and salt and shake for a few more minutes.