This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Put a smile on your Valentine's face with these adorable Valentine's Day Lip Shaped Sugar Cookies.
This Valentine's Day, pull out this easy sugar cookies recipe and make your Valentine the perfect treat! These lip shaped cookies are so much fun and taste delicious, too. I love sweets. Especially on Valentine's Day. Your girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, best friend or kids will love this delicious lip shaped cookie as you celebrate the fun holiday. Hand them out to your classroom friends and print up some fun Slime Valentine's Printables.
Valentine's Day Lip Shaped Sugar Cookies
Lip Cookies Ingredients:
1 C of butter
1 ½ C Powder sugar
3 C of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tarter
Lips Cookie Cutter
4 egg whites
½ C cream of tarter
½ C vanilla
4 ½ C powder sugar
red gel food coloring
2 disposable piping bags fitted with number 2 tip
1 squeeze bottles
Valentine's Day Lip Shaped Sugar Cookies Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, powder sugar, vanilla and egg and mix until combined and creamy.
- Using a large bowl, combined the flour, baking soda and cream of tarter.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients and mix on low speed.
- Using your hands continue to mix until fully combined.
- Lightly flour a cutting board and knead the cookie dough a couple of times.
- Roll out the dough to about ½ inch thick for this cut out cookie recipe.
- Cut out a few lips with cookie cutter and place onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Repeat steps until completely out of dough.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- Using the standing mixer, combine the egg whites, cream of tarter, vanilla and powder sugar and mix until combined and stiff peaks form.
- Scoop some icing into the piping bag and set aside.
- Add in a few drops of the red food coloring into the remaining icing and mix until combined.
- Scoop a small amount into the piping bag.
- Add a few tablespoons of water into the icing still in the bowl to thin it out.
- Pour icing into the squeeze bottle.
19. Using the red piping bag, pipe a outline around the top half of the cookies.
20. Fill in with the thinner red icing.
21. Let cookies dry overnight.
22. Using the piping bag, pipe an outline around the bottom half of the cookie.
23. Fill in and let dry completely.
24. Using the white icing, add the white detail onto the lips.
25. Let sit for 30 minutes to dry before enjoying these valentine's day sugar cookies!
You might also like: