As the holiday season is swiftly approaching, I cannot help but share one of my all-time favorite recipes that literally steals the show at every Christmas party - a delightful brownie recipe adorned with grinch stole christmas green icing. These brownies aren't just delicious, they are much fun to create, decorate, and of course, devour. So let's dive into this festive culinary journey where I'll unravel the secrets of how to make Grinch green icing that would even make the Grinch himself abandon his grumpy ways.
Are you wondering exactly how to make Grinch green icing that will captivate both eyes and taste buds this festive season? Look no further! Making Grinch green icing is a straightforward process that brings a splash of vibrant color to your festive treats.
First, you'll need to gather your ingredients: white chocolate chips, heavy whipping cream, and green food coloring. Melt the chocolate chips with the cream in a double boiler until you achieve a smooth texture. Next, stir in a few drops of green food coloring until you reach that perfect Grinch green hue. This delightful icing is ideal for coating brownies, cakes, and cookies, adding a festive and fun twist to your holiday season desserts.
First things first, you need to preheat your oven to 350 degrees. As you do that, gather all your ingredients together. You will need:
- 2 boxes of brownie mix
- The appropriate amount of eggs, oil, and water as dictated by the brownie mix instructions
- 1 cup chopped mint Oreos
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate mint M&M's (and an additional 1/4 cup of red ones for decoration)
- 2 cups Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 3-5 drops green food coloring
- 1 container of Wilton confetti heart sprinkles, reds only (grinch’s heart)
Creating The Perfect Base: Brownies
- Getting Hands-On with the Brownie Mix:
- In a large bowl, follow the instructions on the brownie box. It's essential to combine your dry ingredients thoroughly to ensure a uniform bake.
- As your electric mixer whirls at medium speed, the aroma will surely evoke a sprinkle of Christmas time already!
- Mixing in the Goodies:
- This is where the fun begins. Stir in the chopped mint Oreos and dark chocolate mint M&M's to give your brownies an elevated taste and texture.
- Baking to Perfection:
- Pour your concoction into a prepared 9x13 pan and slide it into the oven. The baking process allows all the ingredients to meld beautifully, offering a rich and decadent base for your Grinch green icing. Bake according to the package directions and let cool onto a wire rack.
The Star of the Show: How to make grinch green icing
A heart, they say, grows three sizes the day you learn how to make Grinch green icing. Here, we shift the spotlight to the icing, the element that transforms good old brownies into a festive spectacle.
- Setting up the Double Boiler: In the realm of baking, a double boiler is your best friend when it comes to melting chocolate to a smooth consistency. Combine the heavy whipping cream and white chocolate chips here, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Adding the Magical Green Hue: Now, stir in the mint extract for a hint of freshness. Following this, it's time to get that distinctive green color. Gradually add the green food coloring, one drop at a time, until you achieve that vibrant Grinch green. This is the step that really brings the Grinch theme to life, so be sure to get that green color just right!
- Dressing the Brownies: Pour your freshly made green frosting over the cooled brownies, creating a smooth layer. For the pièce de résistance, top it off with a garnish of chopped Oreos, red M&M's, and adorable red heart sprinkles. The red heart elements not only add a pop of color but resonate well with the Grinch’s small heart growing three sizes by the end of the story.
- Creating Cute Grinch Cupcakes: You can also employ this green icing for cute Grinch cupcakes. Simply use a piping bag fitted with a large star tip or a round tip to adorn the top of each cupcake. Decorate with a red velvet heart or even a tiny Santa hat for that extra festive touch. Not only can use use this icing on brownies-- but on easy grinch cupcakes or grinch cake mix cookies.
- Setting the Right Temperature: To get the best results, always ensure that your frosting ingredients are at room temperature. This facilitates a smoother mixing process, resulting in a lush and velvety green icing.
- Preserving Your Creation: In case you make a larger batch, store the leftover green icing in an airtight container. It can last up to a week, ready to grace any other festive holiday desserts you plan to make.
- The Right Tools: Equip yourself with tools like a piping bag, frosting tip, and hand mixer to get that professional touch in your dessert.
- Embrace the Theme: Apart from using it on brownies, the Grinch green icing can be a fabulous addition to a variety of desserts like green cupcakes, green buttercream topped cookies, and even as a festive layer on a Christmas cake.
- Fun and Festivity: Remember, the holiday season is all about having fun. Get your family involved, have a Grinch movie night, and enjoy these delightful treats together. It be a special day.
- Can I use a different type of chocolate for the icing?In this recipe, the white chocolate is needed in ordered to get the perfect grinch green icing color. The perfect icing color for Christmas season.
- Can I add flavors to the Grinch green icing?Yes, you can. Though this recipe uses mint extract, you can switch it up with other flavors like vanilla extract to add a different note to your green icing. Experimenting with different flavors can bring a new dimension to your dessert.
- How do I achieve the perfect green color?Achieving the perfect green color involves a bit of trial and error. Start with a few drops of green food coloring and increase gradually till you get that vibrant Grinch green. Remember, it’s always better to start with less, as you can add more if needed.
- What other desserts can I use this green icing on?This versatile green icing can adorn a variety of desserts - from festive Grinch cupcakes to green buttercream adorned cookies. The sky's the limit here, unleash your creativity!
- How can I store the leftover green icing?The leftover green icing can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Before reusing, let it come to room temperature and give it a good stir to restore its creamy consistency.
Here is a fun printable you can use with your Elf on the Shelf and these brownies.
We are all going to make mistakes and that is ok! Sometimes a little reminder is just what we need. Here is a Grinch note from your kids Elf on the Shelf to remind them not to be a Grinch this Christmas.
You might also like:
Concluding Thoughts: how to make grinch green icing
As we wrap up this gastronomic journey into the heart of Christmas, I hope this detailed guide has not only taught you how to make Grinch green icing but also has brought a bit of joy and anticipation for the festive season. Remember, it’s not just about creating a dessert; it’s about creating memories, laughter, and sharing love, all encapsulated in a batch of brownies crowned with the vibrant and festive Grinch green icing.
So this Christmas, let your culinary creativity soar, and don't forget to share your experiences and photos with this delicious recipe. Here's to a holiday season filled with much love, joy, and of course, delectable treats. Merry Christmas!
- 2 boxes of brownie mix
- 1 C chopped mint oreos
- 1/2 C dark chocolate mint M&M's
- 2 C Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp mint extract
- 3-5 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 C chopped mint oreos
- 1/4 C M&M's (red ones)
- 1 container of wilton confetti heart sprinkles, reds only
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Follow the directions on the back of the brownie box to make the brownies then mix in chopped mint oreos and dark chocolate mint M&M's.
Bake the brownies according to the package. Once brownies are baked, let cool onto a wire rack.
Using a double boiler, combine both the heavy whipping cream and chocolate chips and mix with a rubber spatula until smooth and creamy.
Stir in the mint extract and food coloring.
Pour onto cooled brownies and top with chopped oreos, red M&M's and red hearts.
Let Ganache harden before cutting and enjoying!