This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
These Reindeer Sugar Cookies will put a smile on everyones face.
Somehow the holidays in our home are often surrounded around food. Plates of holiday cookies, parties with holiday snacks and big feasts of delicious meals of turkey, sweet potatoes and homemade bread stuffing. I’m okay with that, because along with food, it is also surrounded by my friends and family. During the year, I find that it is so easy to get caught up with our busy life that we don’t spend as much time with those we love. During the holidays though, it seems easier to breathe, slow down life and enjoy good conversation and a mug of hot chocolate and marshmallows with friends. These Reindeer Sugar Cookies are a great way to get in the festive holiday spirit and make someone smile.
Reindeer Sugar Cookies
1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
1 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond
2 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 cookie sheets fitted with parchment paper
circle cookie cutter
1 container of chocolate frosting
1 package of large edible eyes
1 package of wilton royal icing bow transfers
1 package of black candy melts
1 disposable piping bag
Directions for Reindeer Sugar Cookies
- Using a double boiler, melt the black candy melts.
- Once melted place into the disposable piping bag.
- Using one of the cookie sheets, pipe out 28 reindeer antlers (extras incase some break).
- Set aside to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until creamed together and combined.
- Beat in egg, vanilla, and almond extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and baking powder and use a whisk and mix to combined.
- Lightly flour a cutting board.
- Roll out the dough out on a lightly floured surface to a rectangle shape about 1/2 inch thick.
- Using the circle cookie cutter, cut the out 12 circles.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Once cookies are done baking, let cool.
- Take a butterknife and spread on chocolate frosting.
- Place two large eyes in the top center for the eyes.
- Place a red M&M under the eyes for the nose.
- For the girl, place a red bow in the center above the eyes.
- For the boy, place a black bow in the bottom center below the nose.
- Carefully peel off and place two antler in the top corners.
You might also enjoy: