This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Celebrate the holidays with Chocolate Dipped Mickey Gingerbread cookies.
My Thanksgiving decorations are down and my Christmas decorations are up and I am officially in full holiday spirit. My holiday baking list is made, Christmas music is playing and we have drawn names to see who we get to buy a holiday gift for. Christmas time is one of my favorite because it is so full of tradition. We have a long list of items that we do every holiday that is special because we do it every year. Items like cutting down our Christmas tree, having the Elf on the Shelf visit, seeing the Christmas carol play and baking our favorite Christmas cookies. These Chocolate Dipped Mickey Gingerbread cookies are the perfect holiday treat for any Disney lover!
Chocolate Dipped Mickey Gingerbread cookies
Makes 2 dozen
10 Tablespoons unsalted sweet cream butter,
3/4 C light brown sugar
2/3 C dark Molasses
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 1/2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tesp ground cloves
2 8oz bag of Ghiradelli milk chocolate melting wafers
1 container of wilton holly melody sprinkles
Cookie cutter: mickey mouse head
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add molasses and beat on medium high speed until combined.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves together until combined.
- On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Lightly flour a cutting board and place dough onto the cutting board.
- Roll dough and using the cookie cutter cut out mickey head shapes.
- Bake cookies for 9-12 minutes.
- Once baked, let cool on a wire rack completely.
- Once all have been baked and cooled, melt the chocolate using a double boiler.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip the cookies about 1/4 of the way in, coating the ears. Lightly shake the cookie to get the excess off.
- Place onto a cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Carefully place two holly sprinkles and 3 red berry sprinkles onto the top right corner
- Refrigerate or let chocolate harden completely before enjoying.