This sweet potato casserole with pecan topping is the perfect holiday dish.
Have you started planning your holiday menus? I have always been a lover of food but there is something I really love about planning and making an entire feast.
This Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans is a great addition to your holiday feast.
sweet potato casserole with pecan topping
- 6-8 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the streusel:
- 5 Tablespoons butter softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes and place in a large pot with water.
- Boil over high heat, then reduce. Boil until the sweet potatoes spear easily with a fork.
- Drain the sweet potatoes then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, butter, milk, sugars, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and mash or blend with a mixer until completely smooth.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into a casserole dish.
- In a separate, small bowl, combine the butter, sugar, flour and salt. Crumble the mixture over the sweet potato puree, then top with the pecans.
- Bake until the streusel topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Pin sweet potato casserole with pecans
Hi, my name is Melissa! I live in Spanish Fork, Utah. I'm happily married to Rob, and together we have five wonderful kids. Our family loves to embark on adventures, often in our RV, exploring the great outdoors. I'm an avid reader and a big fan of Hallmark movies – they always have a way of lifting my spirits. Hiking is another passion of mine; there's nothing like the tranquility of nature. I have a sweet tooth for chocolate and a love for Mexican food, both of which make life a little more delicious. In my downtime, I enjoy playing games with my family, creating memories and sharing laughter. Life is an adventure, and I'm here to enjoy every moment of it! I'm the blogger and creative mind behind the blog A Sparkle of Genius! Check out our posts on recipes, crafts, kid stuff, printables, travel and more!