This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
This sweet potato casserole with pecan topping is the perfect holiday dish.
Have you started planning your holiday menus? I have always been a lover of food but there is something I really love about planning and making an entire feast.
This Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecans is a great addition to your holiday feast.
sweet potato casserole with pecan topping
- 6-8 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- For the streusel:
- 5 Tablespoons butter softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pecans
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes and place in a large pot with water.
- Boil over high heat, then reduce. Boil until the sweet potatoes spear easily with a fork.
- Drain the sweet potatoes then place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the eggs, butter, milk, sugars, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and mash or blend with a mixer until completely smooth.
- Pour the sweet potato mixture into a casserole dish.
- In a separate, small bowl, combine the butter, sugar, flour and salt. Crumble the mixture over the sweet potato puree, then top with the pecans.
- Bake until the streusel topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes.