This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Oh my goodness. I can't get over how yummy this recipe is. I'll be honest, when I first started putting down the Saltines, I expected it to taste like a yummy cracker, but nothing more. Boy was I wrong-- this is the easiest most delicious Toffee. And guess what, this Saltine Cracker Toffee takes about TEN MINUTES to make! Delicious and easy? It doesn't get any better then that!
Saltine Cracker Toffee Recipe
1. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.(cookie sheet with edges works best so your
toffee doesn't leak out)
2. Place 40 saltine crackers side by side to cover the cookie sheet. (I use a few more than 40 to cover the whole sheet)
3. Melt 1 cup of butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
4. Add 1 cup of brown sugar to the melted butter. Stir together and bring to a boil. Once boiling, boil for 3 minutes. Stirring constantly.
5. Pour mixture over the saltine crackers. Smear mixture to edges of crackers with the back of a metal spoon that has been sprayed with Pam.
6. Place in a 400 degree oven for 5-6 minutes. (when you take it out of the oven...it will be
7. Sprinkle 1-2 cups of chocolate chips on top of hot bubbly mixture. (I used mixture of milk and semi-sweet chocolate chips)
8. Using a spatula,once the chocolate chips are soft, smear the chocolate to the edges.
9. Put in the freezer or refrigerator to harden up and then break it into pieces and enjoy!
Note: I found it worked best if after they are hardened, I turned it upside down so I could see the cracker lines and cut along the lines. This makes it so your toffee is in perfect squares. If you would like different sized then you can just break them into pieces.
It won't last long... don't say I didn't warn you!
Can you use almond bark instead if chocolate chips?
Wednesday 16th of December 2020
I had used a different recipe the last couple years and I was unhappy with it - they were good but every time they seemed to almost burn even with adjusting the time a bit. Decided to try your recipe today and they came out beautifully! It called for nearly 4 minutes less cooking and baking time and that made a world of difference. Thanks for a recipe that worked great!