This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
If you haven’t yet tried Oreo and Candy Corn Halloween Saltine Cracker Toffee, you are missing out. It is quite the perfect holiday treat.
I first heard about the Saltine Cracker Toffee a few years back from my Sister in Law. She said that it was one of the best desserts ever. I was hesitant to even try it because being made from Saltines, I thought it sounded kind of weird. Finally, I decided to give it a try and ate almost the entire pan myself. I probably shouldn’t admit that. But they really are THAT good and very addicting.
One thing that I love about this recipe, is that you can really customize it however you want. I added Oreo and Candy corn for a Halloween batch, but you could add pecans, toffees, or whatever your heart desires! 🙂 We have even had it plain without any toppings on top and it is delicious. I think next time I would like to make it with mini m&m’s. What would you add to yours?
The Oreo and Candy Corn Halloween Saltine Cracker Toffee recipe is so easy to make. It really only takes about ten minutes and for how delicious it tastes, it was 10 minutes well spent! If you are going to a Halloween party, making treats for your kids school classroom or just want something really delicious to eat then this recipe is perfect for you. Every fall, we spend a lot of time baking. It really is a junk food time of year for me because I love making cookies, pumpkin breads, candies and more.
Here is the recipe. I hope that you enjoy it! Note: I found it worked best if after they are hardened, I turned it upside down so I could see the cracker lines and cut along the lines. This makes it so your toffee is in perfect squares. If you would like different sized then you can just break them into pieces. Enjoy!!
- Brown Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
- Candy Corn
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place 40 saltine crackers side by side to cover the cookie sheet.
- Melt 1 cup of butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of brown sugar to the melted butter. Stir together and bring to a boil. Once boiling, boil for 3 minutes. Stirring constantly.
- Pour mixture over the saltine crackers. Smear mixture to edges of crackers with the back of a metal spoon that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 5-6 minutes. (when you take it out of the oven…it will be
- super bubbly)
- Sprinkle 1-2 cups of chocolate chips on top of hot bubbly mixture.
- Using a spatula,once the chocolate chips are soft, smear the chocolate to the edges.
- Sprinkle crushed oreos and candy corn over melted chocolate.
- Put in the freezer or refrigerator to harden up and then break it into pieces and enjoy!