This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Sweet Potato Curry is the best side dish for holidays and dinner parties. Super easy to make and chocked full of flavors!
I’m going to be honest with you guys. I could live on side dishes alone. Like seriously I could have side dishes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and probably for snacks too. So this holiday season where the side dishes are the stars of the recipes, is one of the most exciting ones for me!
Needless to say, I’m always brainstorming fun and new side dishes recipes. However I’m not easy when it comes to them, they have to be a lot of things to be made around here. First, they have to be incredibly delicious, the kind of delicious that knocks your socks off and has you asking for seconds and thirds. It also has to look elegant and fancy because if we are making something for a gathering or dinner party, beautiful food is a must. And third they have to be exotic, or different or at least not the same old same old that we get used to seeing around.
This sweet potato curry is all that and more. Becuase my friends this is the best flavor combo ever! It has the warmth of the curry and the little sweetness of the sweet potatoes all blended togethering in a literal explosion of flavors. I mean who doesn’t like that?
I like to serve them with the curry on the side so everyone can pick their level of spiciness. That way if you are a huge curry fan you can pretty much slather your sweet potatoes with ALL THE SAUCE or keep things on the conservative side and just add a little bit.
However, my friends, trust me on this one and go big on the curry because it’s totally and completely the most delicious thing ever.
Sweet Potato Curry
Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 Sweet potato
- 1 Tsp parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp curry paste
- 1 Tsp ground ginger
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- Jalapeno slices cored
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Preheat the oven to 370 degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat mix the curry paste, ginger, onion, powder, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
- In a pot bring to boil salted water.
- Peel the sweet potato and place it in the pot.
- Reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile in another bowl mix the maple syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, salt and garlic powder. Set aside
- Drain the water and cut the sweet potatoes into big cubes.
- Incorporate the sweet potato cubes to the bowl with the maple syrup and coat. Place on a baking tray and take to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the curry sauce, top with the parsley leaves, jalapeño and pepper.