Breakfast is one of my favorite meals. I think that it is a great meal because you can start your day with a delicious sweet French Toast breakfast or with savory Potato, Egg and Veggie Breakfast Empanadas. There is such a delicious variety of breakfast foods that I always look forward to starting my day with a delicious breakfast. We made Ham and Cheese Empanadas awhile back and they turned out delicious so we were excited to see what other kinds of Empanadas we could make. The options are endless with breakfast, dinner and dessert empanadas options. The Potato, Egg and Veggie Breakfast Empanadas is my favorite one that we have tried so far because it has so much flavor with the onions, peppers and potatoes. We didn't add any cheese to ours, but this is definitely something that you could add. Just shred your cheese and add some before closing your empanadas.
Potato, Egg and Veggie Breakfast Empanadas
Empanada Press (We used medium)
Pillsbury Pie Sheets
1/2 red pepper
1/2 green pepper
1/2 red onion
Optional: 1/2 pack bacon and cheese
1. Cube potatoes into small bite sized pieces.
2. Dice peppers and onions until small.
3. Brown Peppers and Potatoes on stovetop.
4. Brown onions in separate pan. These won't cook as long as the potatoes.
5. If you decide, cook bacon and drain.
6. Cook eggs, scrambled. Season eggs with salt and pepper. Don't overcook. They should be moist.
7. Roll out Pie crust thinner.
8. Cut with empanadas cutter. We used medium sized.
9. Add 1-2 Tablespoons filling to empanadas. Potatoes, peppers, and onions. Top with eggs and optional bacon and cheese.
10. Wet edge of circle with water and press closed.
11. Bake Potato, Egg and Veggie Breakfast Empanadas at 350 degrees for 20 min. (Ovens and temperatures vary so make sure and keep an eye on them and the end of baking. Everything is precooked on the inside, so your empanadas are finished when they are a golden brown color on the outside.
Makes approx 12 empanadas.