Did you watch the World Cup? Who were you cheering for? My husband served a religious mission in Argentina so we were very excited that they made it to the final game against Germany. We got together with my sister-in-law and her husband to watch the game today. ( He also served in Argentina) They all looked adorable in their matching Argentina jerseys.
To help us really enjoy the spirit of the game we made Ham and Cheese Empanadas and ate them as we cheered on Argentina. What a game! Even though they didn't win we had such a great time watching, good fun and fun company! You can't beat that! And now, I have an easy recipe to share with you
Ham and Cheese Empanadas
Ham Steaks cut into cubes
Empanada Dough (available from an International Market)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Set Empanadas dough on top of press. We used the brand shown in the photo below that you can find in a local International market.
3. Add about 20 pieces of cubed ham on top of dough and spread around evenly. Staying away from edges.
4. Cover ham with shredded cheese and spread evenly.
5. Close press so they Empanada will seal. The presses from Amazon are the best deal because you get 3 for only 7.99 and work great.
6. Press shut to guarantee that it is sealed.
7. Remove empanada from press and it will look all professional and perfect with these great lines. (Your guests are sure to be impressed)
8. Lay out empanadas on foil covered cookie sheet and brush with butter.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Oven temperatures may vary. Empanadas will be golden brown in color.
10. Enjoy!! Go Argentina!
Hi, my name is Melissa! I live in Spanish Fork, Utah. I'm happily married to Rob, and together we have five wonderful kids. Our family loves to embark on adventures, often in our RV, exploring the great outdoors. I'm an avid reader and a big fan of Hallmark movies – they always have a way of lifting my spirits. Hiking is another passion of mine; there's nothing like the tranquility of nature. I have a sweet tooth for chocolate and a love for Mexican food, both of which make life a little more delicious. In my downtime, I enjoy playing games with my family, creating memories and sharing laughter. Life is an adventure, and I'm here to enjoy every moment of it! I'm the blogger and creative mind behind the blog A Sparkle of Genius! Check out our posts on recipes, crafts, kid stuff, printables, travel and more!