This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Puff and cheese bites not only make a great appetizer, but they are also incredibly easy to cook!
I’m going to be completely honest with you, when it comes to appetizers, I prefer things that are simple, as in simple to cook, simple to eat and simple to serve because parties have so many little things that need to be planned and executed that the last thing I want to focus on is on food.
I mean I want the food to be delicious just as every person (hey food is really one of the most important aspects of a gathering!), but I just want to make sure that everything is simple. However, when I say simple I don’t mean boring, not at all! I want the flavors to be explosive and the texture to be mindblowing, and I want my guests to talk about my appetizers for years. The only thing I don’t want? Having to spend a million years in the kitchen cooking them, needing a million different things to properly serving them, and having to give my guests an instructions manual on how to eat them.
So, yes, I’m a bit picky when it comes to appetizers, which may explain why I’m always testing new recipes. However, there’s one that has been made again and again through the years. These Puff and Cheese Bites! They have all the great things and are a total crowd favorite (the kind of crowd favorite that has people asking for the recipe). These Puff and cheese bites are also really easy to make and look really beautiful and put together so you can look like a total cooking rockstar without needing the whole lot of time and effort.
Serve your puff and cheese bites alone or with a dipping sauce, and you are ready to party.
Puff and Cheese Bites
- 2 Puff pastry sheets
- ¼ Cup cream cheese
- ¼ Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ Tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ Tbsp greek yogurt
- 2 Tsps garlic powder
- 2 Tbsps melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a baking pan with the melted butter.
- Beat together the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, parsley, yogurt, and garlic. Refrigerate.
- Sprinkle flour over a flat surface, unfold the puff pastry sheets, and cut into 2-inch squares.
- Place 1 tsp of the mix in the middle of the squares and cover with another. Press the edges to seal.
- Transfer the pockets to the baking pan, placing them with a separation of 1 inch.
- Place it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm, and enjoy.