This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Growing up I had a serious love for lemon chicken. It was something that I could really eat every day and still never get bored of it.
I still love the flavors of lemon chicken but most of the times the days get too busy to cook a good oven roasted lemon chicken from scratch, so when I’m craving those flavors but I’m short of time, I whip this lemon garlic pasta recipe.
And to be completely honest with you this Lemon Garlic Pasta is one of the most delicious pasta dishes I’ve ever had. It’s also really easy to cook, and all the ingredients it uses are pantry staples, so it’s also a great meal to make when you are running out of food and need to pay a trip to the grocery store but don’t feel like it.
For me, the secret to the delicious flavor is going big on the lemon juice. While most recipes call for only a tablespoon or two of lemon juice, I prefer to use 1/4 cup.
It delivers a big punch, accentuates the other flavors and it’s not overpowering at all since we are mixing it with half and half.
Also if you don’t have half and half on hand, you can totally make it with a part of milk and a part of heavy cream, but since I like to keep the ingredients list to a minimum half and half creates the same result as using two separate things.
Once you have your Lemon Garlic Pasta done, I advise to serve it into bowls and top it with bacon and parsley.
Those two things really deliver a flavor punch! And then garnish with some lemon slices to make it look like the lemon chicken we all know and love.
Lemon Garlic Pasta
- 10 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- ¼ Cup lemon juice
- 5 Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 Bacon strips chopped
- ¼ Cup half and half
- 2 Tbsps chopped parsley leaves
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Salt to taste
- In boiling salted water place the pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until al dente.
- While cooking the pasta, set a pan over medium heat and cook the bacon strips until crispy. Set aside
- In a separate pan over medium heat, cook the garlic and olive oil until fragrant (1-2 minutes). Add the half and half and lemon juice, and stir for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Once the pasta is done, transfer it to serving bowls and pour the sauce over.
- Top with the bacon and parsley.
- Garnish with the lemon slices.
- Serve and enjoy.