This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
This Dinner in a Pumpkin recipe from Six Sisters Stuff is the perfect (and most delicious) way to use your fall pumpkins.
As soon as September 1st rolls around, then I feel like I have permission to start celebrating EVERYTHING PUMPKIN. Some of you may not agree with me– I know there is a big Pumpkin Spice controversy where half of the world says NO PUMPKIN SPICE until its officially fall and the other half says bring on the pumpkin! I say BRING ON THE PUMPIN! This Dinner in a Pumpkin recipe is the perfect (and most delicious) way to use your fall pumpkins.
Have you had a chance to check out the Six Sister’s Stuff newest cookbook? I love all of their cookbooks, but I think that this one has got to be my favorite. I love Holidays and baking and this cookbook is packed full of 150+ recipes, traditions and fun ideas for Each Month of the Year. You don’t have to worry about sitting at the fridge wondering what you are going to make because they take care of you for every month of the year. This fall, you’ll love this delicious Dinner in a Pumpkin recipe that they gave me permission to share with you.
Dinner In a Pumpkin
Serves: 6 | Prep time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 1 hour, 15 minutes | Total time: 1 hour, 40 minutes
1 medium pumpkin (see note)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups chopped assorted vegetables, such as celery, carrots, onions, green pepper, sweet potatoes,
1 pound lean ground turkey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 (14.5-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
2 cups prepared
1. Cut off the top of the pumpkin and thoroughly clean out pulp and seeds.
2. Preheat oven to 350
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add assorted veggies, and sauté until
4. Add meat, breaking up into small pieces and cooking until browned.
5. Stir in soy sauce,soup, and cooked brown rice. Mix well.
6. Spoon mixture into cleaned pumpkin shell.
7. Replace pumpkin top and place entire pumpkin on a baking sheet.
8. Bake 1 hour, or until inside meat of the pumpkin is tender.
9. After you scoop out the yummy stuff inside, don’t forget to scrape out the insides of the pumpkin! It tastes just like spaghetti squash!
Note: Check the size of your oven to make sure the pumpkin will fit.
Make each holiday great and Celebrate Every Season with Six Sisters’ Stuff and their delicious recipes. Check out their cookbook for delicious recipes like the Dinner in a Pumpkin, Oatmeal Creme Pies and more.