Find the pot of gold at the end of these Saint Patrick's Day Pot Of Gold Cupcakes.
My kids love celebrating Saint Patrick's Day. Really, I am happy with any excuse for a celebration! My kids look forward to green milk from the leprechaun, St. Patrick's Day bingo, gold coins and delicious mint desserts. Some of our favorites are mint fudge, mint cookies, pot of gold cookies, and golden oreo cupcakes. Any of these choices are perfect for a Saint Patrick's day party, but I think these Pot Of Gold Cupcakes are the most festive.
Pot Of Gold Cupcakes
Pin for later:
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 3.9 oz. Package vanilla Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ¾ cup Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter room temp
- 4 cups Confectioners' Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Mint extract
- 3-4 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 3-5 drops Kelly Green Gel Coloring
Pot of Gold:
- 12 Rolos
- 1 cup Celebration Gold Candy Pearls
- 12 Airheads Extremes Rainbow Strips
- Wilton cookie frosting pre-made
- Wilton cake sequins - gold
- Preheat oven to 355 F.
- Line cupcake pan with green or shamrock cupcake liners.
- Combine all ingredients in a stand mixer.
- On medium speed, beat until well combined.
- Fill cupcake liners ¾ full.
- Bake for 18 minutes until toothpick comes clean.
- Remove from oven and set to the side to cool.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add your butter and sugar.
- Let it beat on low speed for about three minutes, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- While whipping on low speed, add in vanilla, mint. and heavy cream.
- Lastly add your gel coloring beat on medium high for 1-2 minutes.
- Pipe on your cupcakes using a star frosting tip
- Press Rolo into the cupcake frosting.
- Take Airheads Extremes and stick each end into the frosting to make the rainbow.
- Place a the royal icing on top of the Rolo and some on the side.
- Add your decorative gold sequins