These St. Patrick's Day Pot of Gold Cookies are easy enough that even the kids can make them!
I love easy recipe. These St. Patrick's Day Cookies are easy. Seriously, though, when it comes to a quick treat for the kiddos, I love when it doesn't take very long but yet its still delicious and fun. These ones, like my 5 minute Chocolate Caramel Pretzels are fast and easy to make but the kids love.
St. Patrick's Day Pot of Gold Cookies
All you need for Pot of Gold Cookies are three things.
Yes, of course, you could find the perfect sugar cookie recipe and make them from scratch but I prefer the fast option. 🙂
1. Preheat Oven 350 degrees
2. Place a rolo between your sugar cookie dough. I used one cookie for the top and one for the bottom so there would be plenty of dough to cover the Rolo.
3. Roll The dough around the Rolo into a ball.
4. Roll Dough ball into sprinkles. Note: If you don't want your kids to have green lips when they are done eating, use less sprinkles. Haha.
5. Put cookies on cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Times do vary depending on oven. I only put 8 cookies per cookie sheet because they do spread. Next time, I also want to try putting them in mini muffin tins and making more of a cookie cup.
6. Allow cookies to cool then enjoy!
My kids really enjoyed these cookies, because not only are they awesome green and delicious, but they didn't realize there was a surprise on the inside. They loved biting into the cookie and having a delicious chocolate caramel Pot of Gold treat.
Hi, my name is Melissa! I live in Spanish Fork, Utah. I'm happily married to Rob, and together we have five wonderful kids. Our family loves to embark on adventures, often in our RV, exploring the great outdoors. I'm an avid reader and a big fan of Hallmark movies – they always have a way of lifting my spirits. Hiking is another passion of mine; there's nothing like the tranquility of nature. I have a sweet tooth for chocolate and a love for Mexican food, both of which make life a little more delicious. In my downtime, I enjoy playing games with my family, creating memories and sharing laughter. Life is an adventure, and I'm here to enjoy every moment of it! I'm the blogger and creative mind behind the blog A Sparkle of Genius! Check out our posts on recipes, crafts, kid stuff, printables, travel and more!