This week is Teacher Appreciation Week. What an important week. I hope that everyone remembers to take the opportunity to tell your kids teachers Thank You because teachers really are amazing. Our school does a really good job appreciating our teachers. They have a special activity planned every day of the week including door decorating, favorite meals, favorite snacks, etc so the teachers feel extra special. We are very lucky to have two great teachers right now so I am excited for my kids to give them their teacher appreciation gift.
Teacher Appreciation Gift
1. Paint your Mason Jar Yellow. I ended up adding a little bit of orange into the yellow paint to get a more school bus yellow than a sunshine yellow. I did one coat on the inside and one coat of paint on the outside.
2. Let your jar dry.
3. With your Cricut Machine, cut "ABC" on Vinyl and cut a tag out with your card stock. You can print Thank You on, or write with Sharpie.
4. Apply ABC Vinyl to your jar.
5. Wrap twine around jar and then attach Thank You Tag.
6. Add favorite yellow flowers of choice. I got these flowers at Hobby Lobby.
7. Tell your teacher how much you appreciate her!
This craft is really easy to make that your child could make it for their teacher. Depending on the age of your child, they would probably need some help with the Vinyl but any older age child would be just fine! This could be a great gift any time of year but especially Back to School, Teacher Appreciation Week or End of School Year.
Hi, my name is Melissa! I live in Spanish Fork, Utah. I'm happily married to Rob, and together we have five wonderful kids. Our family loves to embark on adventures, often in our RV, exploring the great outdoors. I'm an avid reader and a big fan of Hallmark movies – they always have a way of lifting my spirits. Hiking is another passion of mine; there's nothing like the tranquility of nature. I have a sweet tooth for chocolate and a love for Mexican food, both of which make life a little more delicious. In my downtime, I enjoy playing games with my family, creating memories and sharing laughter. Life is an adventure, and I'm here to enjoy every moment of it! I'm the blogger and creative mind behind the blog A Sparkle of Genius! Check out our posts on recipes, crafts, kid stuff, printables, travel and more!