Celebrate the holidays with these adorable Snowman Rice Krispie treats. I am seriously in love with these adorable snowman! How cute are those ear muffs? The best part of this holiday recipe is that it is easy to make so on a busy, last minute schedule you can make these fun treats!
Your kids will be excited to join in on the fun decorate their Frosty the Snowman in the colors of their choice. In a busy time of year, these Snowman rice krispy treats are the perfect go-to treat!
Snowman Rice Krispie treats
1 box of rice krispy treats, unwrapped
2 bags of ghiradelli white chocolate melting wafers
1 bag of m&m's, green and red picked out
1 package of large edible eyes
4 red and green airheads
1 tube of orange cookie icing
1 tube of black cookie icing
1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Using a double boiler, melt both bags of chocolate.
- Once chocolate is melted, place the rice krispy treat into the chocolate and using a fork, flip it over until it is completely coated.
- Carefully pick up the rice krispy treat and lightly tap the edge of the pot to get rid of excess chocolate.
- Place rice krispy treat onto the cookie sheet and then place two eyes onto the top area of the rice krispy treat.
- Let chocolate harden for about 10 minutes.
- Using the orange cookie icing, pipe on the snowman's nose.
- Using the black cookie icing, pipe on the mouth.
- Let dry for 10 minutes while you cut the airhead.
- Place unwrapped airheads onto a cutting board and cut 3 strips.
- Place a strip of airhead onto the top of the rice krispy treat and press the sides slightly down into the rice krispy treat.
- Matching colors of the M&M's to the airhead, place a red M&M into the melted chocolate and place onto the bottom of the airhead on the side.
- Let sit there for 5 minutes before repeating step with the other side.
- Repeat steps with remaining rice krispy treats.
These make adorable treats for a kids classroom, holiday gift or for a fun Christmas party!