This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
If you are anything like me and love holiday cooking but struggle with the super fancy recipes, than this recipe is for you! It tastes and looks gourmet but it is super easy. My 7 year old daughter made these. I promise that everyone you make them for will be very impressed. They are truly delicious and absolutely perfect for the holidays! Did I mention they are SUPER easy to make! 🙂
Holiday Peppermint Oreo Balls
1 box candy canes
1. Crush The Oreo’s until they are in crumbs.
2. Crush Candy Canes until it is a fine powder. I used my blender for this step.
3. Add the crushed candy canes to the Oreo’s.
4. Mix Oreo’s and Candy Canes together. ( I saved about 1/4 cups candy cane and sprinkled over the top of the Peppermint Oreo balls when the were finished)
5. Add softened cream cheese, room temperature, to oreo/candy mixture.
6. Mix together until it forms a large ball. Ball will be moist.
7. Form small balls and line on wax paper.
8. Find someone to lick the bowl clean. 🙂
8. Follow the directions on chocolate chips to melt chocolate chips. When melted, cover oreo ball in melted chocolate and return to wax paper.
9. To help the chocolate harden, at this point, I put it in the fridge for about 20 minutes. You can stop at this point or you can use white chocolate to make it pretty. 🙂
10. Follow directions on White Chocolate Chips for melting directions.
11. Little tip… Use a mustard or Ketchup bottle for perfect lines! I bought this at Walmart. 2 pack for $1.99! 🙂 After the white chocolate was melted, I spooned it into the mustard bottle and then decorated the top of the Peppermint Oreo Balls.
12. Sprinkle with remaining crushed candy cane.
Enjoy for yourself, serve for your guests or give away to your family and friends! I’m warning you, they are delicious! 🙂 🙂