This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
This Chocolate Covered Reindeer Krispy Rice treat is the perfect holiday treat.
Just like Santa is making his list and checking it twice, I am making my holiday baking list and checking it twice! Holiday baking is a big deal in our home and we love making adorable tasty holiday desserts. Our baking list is full of delicious cookies, chocolate covered treats and holiday marshmallows. There are so many fun easy holiday treats that you can make with your kids by your side that helps make the holiday festive and fun. Chocolate Covered Reindeer Krispy Rice treat
1 box of rice krispy treats, unwrapped
2 bags of ghiradelli milk chocolate melting wafers
1 bag of m&m’s, red picked out
1 package of large edible eyes
1 package of chocolate fondant
1 mini leaf cookie cutter
1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- Using a double boiler, melt both bags of chocolate.
- On a cutting board, sprinkle a little bit of powder sugar and work with the fondant to loosen it up.
- Once the fondant is soft, roll it out onto the cutting board about 1 inch thick.
- Using the mini cookie cutter cut out 16 leafs for the antlers, set aside.
- Once chocolate is melted, place the rice krispy treat into the chocolate and using a fork, flip it over until it is completely coated.
- Carefully pick up the rice krispy treat and lightly tap the edge of the pot to get rid of excess chocolate.
- Place rice krispy treat onto the cookie sheet and then place two eyes onto the top area of the rice krispy treat.
- Place a red m&m under the eyes for the nose.
- Place a leaf in each top corner above the eyes for the antlers.
Your kids will love helping you with this adorable Chocolate Covered Reindeer Krispy Rice treat. I love this recipe because it is fast and easy to make but super adorable!! Looking for the perfect preschool party and you can look no further!