I make Shaving Cream Slime when I have a lot to get done because it entertains my kids for hours! 🙂
Slime, slime and more slime. Seriously, you can go to Pinterest and spend hours looking at all of the different slime recipes. There is slime in every color and for every holiday, season and event.
There is slime for birthdays, slime for gifts and slime for every disney character possible. We have a lot of fun in our home with slime and have enjoyed making glitter slime, Christmas slime and slime to give with your Valentines. We even made some Edible Halloween Slime.
I really like the Shaving Cream slime because it is fun to play with, but it is softer and smoother to play with. Almost like our Playdough recipe. There is something relaxing about playing with smooth Shaving Cream Slime. Make it in your favorite color or change colors every time! It opens up your mind to a world of imagination!
It is important to store your shaving cream slime in an air tight container so it doesn't dry out. Your kids will be able to use it again and again if they properly take care of it. It really is hours of fun for kids.
Shaving Cream Slime
For this craft, you will be using slime ingredients like shaving cream, contact lens solution, glue, borax and more. If you don't have these ingredients on hand you can find them on Amazon or at your local store.
Materials for Shaving Cream Slime
Shaving Cream Slime Instructions:
1. Pour a ½ cup of hot water into a small bowl and mix in ½ tbsp. Borax. Stir until the
Borax is dissolved. Set this bowl aside.
2. In a measuring cup, add a drop or two of food coloring to a ½ c. of white school glue.
Mix well to combine the color.
3. Pour the colored glue into a large mixing bowl.
4. Add ¼ c. water to the mixing bowl with the glue and stir lightly for a few seconds. Do
not worry about combining the ingredients completely.
5. Pour in 2 tbsp. of contact lens cleaning solution into the bowl with the glue and water.
6. Roughly measure 3 cups of shaving cream, and add it to the bowl with the glue
7. Add 2 tbsp. Of the Borax and water mixture to the mixing bowl that contains the
shaving cream and glue mixture. Stir carefully with a spatula to combine all of the
ingredients and color the slime.
8. Slowly add in more Borax mixture a ½ tbsp. At a time until the slime no longer sticks
to the sides of the bowl or your hand when you touch it. It took us roughly 3 ½
tablespoons of Borax mixture to get the right consistency.
9. Store your shaving cream slime in an airtight container.
Pin for later: