This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
If you are looking for a fun mermaid slime recipe you’ll love this easy slime recipe because not only does it have beautiful glitter in it, but the color is stunning!
There are so many cool slime recipes. We have birthday slime, elf slime, glitter slime, holiday slime and so many other great slime for kids recipes.
I love seeing how create kids get when discovering new kinds of slime. It really is so much fun. I personally love mermaid glitter slime because it is so pretty!
Mermaid slime is perfect for a mermaid birthday party, craft for the Little Mermaid movie or just for fun! Because who wouldn’t want to play with beautiful glitter slime!
- 1 airtight container
- 1 5 oz bottle of clear glue
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp contact solution
- Coloring (I used a mix of neon blue, kiwi green and teal)
- Mermaid Glitter (We got ours out of this kit – it is an almost foil type of glitter!)
- Small bowl
How to make Mermaid Slime
- In a bowl, pour the entire 5 oz bottle of clear glue.
- Add in ½ cup of water.
- Add in ½ tsp baking soda and stir.
- Drop a few colors of coloring. We use these soap dyes. I love them – there are a ton of colors to choose from and they don’t color your hands. Stir to mix.
- Next, add in mermaid glitter.
- Add 1 tbsp contact solution. It will instantly begin to form.
- It will be STICKY! Don’t panic! Mix the solution in the bowl until it starts to form.
- Knead the slime until it is no longer sticky.
- Continue to add the mermaid glitter until you get a look that you are going for.
- Store in an airtight container.