This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Seriously, how cute is this Quilled Unicorn?
Have you ever wondered how to do quilling? Quilled projects are a fun way to craft for decoration or card making. Unicorn crafts are so popular right now that I am excited to share with you these step by step directions on how to make a quilled unicorn.
With the right tools, this paper quilling project is a lot of fun and turns out adorable! If you are throwing a unicorn party– these would make fun crafts at the party or for the birthday girls card.
Easy Unicorn Paper Quilling Art
List of Supplies:
How to make a Quilled Unicorn
- Select a color for the unicorn, I chose cream colored quilling strips. Take 6 quilling strips of the following sizes – one 20 inches, one 12 inches and four 5 inches strips. Prepare loose coil patterns with them. The big coil will be the body, medium coil will be the head and the 4 small coils will be the legs of the unicorn.
- Use different colored strips (1.5 – 2 inches) to create curled pieces for the hair and the tail of the unicorn. Simply coil the strips by keeping one end of the strips open. Use cream quilling strips (2 inches) to create two triangle shapes (the ears) and a different colored (for the horn) strip to create a stretched triangle shape. Cut out a lens shape (mouth) from pink craft paper and 2 closed eye patterns from black craft paper.
- Prepare a small piece of cream colored craft paper. Take the big and the medium loose coils and glue them on the paper, placing both coils adjacent to each other.
- Use scissors to cut the paper by tracing around the glued coils.
- Now take the 4 small loose coils; glue 2 of them at the bottom side of the large coil, and the others on both sides of it.
- Carefully and neatly attach the mouth (lens shape) and the eye patterns on the head part.
- Attach the ears and the horn on the top end of the head.
- This is the best and fun part! Attach the curled strips with one end open and attach them on any one side of the head, near the ear and attaching the pieces towards the body of the unicorn.
- Use the curled pieces to create the tail as well. Once you are done with the unicorn pattern allow the glue to dry.