These Extra Cheesy Chicken Chalupas make a delicious dinner that even the kids love!
This post is sponsored by Cache Valley. All opinions are my own.
Dinner time is one of my favorite times. Often it isn't until we are sitting around the dinner table that my entire family of 7 finally gets a chance to laugh, talk and share stories of the day. My parents taught me as a little girl that Family dinner is incredibly important and now that I have kids I'm trying to teach them the same thing. This is a time to unplug, enjoy each others company and have really good conversations. As a parent, I am always looking for fun and delicious recipes that my whole family will love because this keeps them coming back night after night for yummy food and great company.
Extra Cheesy Chicken Chalupas
4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can green chilis
16 ounces sour cream
4 green onions, sliced
2 cups Cache Valley Monterey Jack cheese mix
6 small flour tortillas
2 cups Cache Valley Cheddar Cheese mix
1. Cook Chicken breasts and dice them.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In large bowl, combine soup, green chilis, green onions, and sour cream.
4. Add Cache Valley Monterey Jack Cheese and stir.
5. Remove two cups of mixture then add diced chicken.
6. Place chicken mixture into tortillas and roll them up.
7. Line tortillas up in a large pan.
8. Spoon remaining mixture over the top and cover with Cache Valley Natural Triple Cheddar Cheese.
9. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
10. Serve immediately
I was first introduced to this family recipe about 15 years ago and it is one that we repeat again and again. The delicious Cache Valley Cheese, crispy tortillas and creamy filling is the best kind of comfort food. It is a favorite of my kids and they are always asking for seconds. This recipe is easy to make and the two kinds of cheese make it flavorful and a family favorite. Our Cheesy Chicken Chalupas are packed full of delicious flavors from the tortilla to the delicious cheese, chicken and green chili's. This recipe can easily be customized to anyones taste using their favorite Cache Valley cheese or adding any combination of onions, peppers or bacon. Visit Cache Valley online for more great recipes.
Here is a video that shows how to make our Extra Cheesy Chicken Chalupas.
- 4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can green chilis
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 4 green onions sliced
- 2 cups Cache Valley Monterey Jack cheese mix
- 6 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups Cache Valley Cheddar Cheese mix
- Cook Chicken breasts and dice them.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine soup, green chilis, green onions, and sour cream.
- Add Cache Valley Monterey Jack Cheese and stir.
- Remove two cups of mixture then add diced chicken.
- Place chicken mixture into tortillas and roll them up.
- Line tortillas up in a large pan.
- Spoon remaining mixture over the top and cover with Cache Valley Natural Triple Cheddar Cheese.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Serve immediately