I had the opportunity and interview Chelsea Kane (“Riley Perrin”), Derek Theler (“Danny Wheeler”) and Tahj Mowry (“Tucker Dobbs”) from the cast of Baby Daddy. This series follows Ben, a man in his twenties, who gets the surprise of his life when a one-night stand leaves his baby at his doorstep. This series is now premiering an impressive episode SIX on Monday, March 13 at 8:30-9:00pm EST on Freeform.
What you can expect in “To Elle and Back”
"In the episode “To Elle and Back,” three months have passed since the finale, and Ben is still enthusiastically searching for the mysterious Elle. Danny and Riley are hunting for a good doctor to help with the pregnancy, and Bonnie desperately wants to be involved. Tucker is back from Los Angeles, but he refuses to tell anyone what happened when he was there."
If you have not yet watched an episode of Baby Daddy, I recommend watching it from the very beginning. This is a great show because it attacks real life issues but shows you how to laugh while experiencing them. I love comedies because they help me to escape from the real world and just take a moment to laugh. This show is one of my favorites and the characters are fun, the story line takes you through hilarious moments and the cast members have great chemistry.
I loved having the opportunity to interview Chelsea Kane (“Riley Perrin”), Derek Theler (“Danny Wheeler”) and Tahj Mowry (“Tucker Dobbs”). They were down to earth, kind and open to talk about their show. It was very obvious from the beginning that they are friends in real life and they love being on the show. They were excited and passionate to tell stories of making the show.
Here are some of my favorite parts of the interview:
- Being a comedy, they have lots of opportunity for improv. They joke that their "lines between our characters and our real selves have been completely blurred at this point."
- Emma, who plays the little girl on Baby Daddy is actually a set of twins. They love working with her and have formed a real relationship. They especially love seeing her grow as she now is able to have her own lines in the show.
- One of Chelsea Kane's most nerve wracking moments in filming this show was when she has to hold a 13 day old baby. She talks about how nervous this made her that she was really crying real tears.
- They have had the same set of writers for all 6 seasons.
- Chelsea Kane wore here pregnant suit in all of her rehearsals.
- Baby Daddy won 2017 People's Choice Award for "Favorite Cable TV Comedy". This meant a lot to the cast and made them feel good that their fans are rooting for them.
- In this season, they will be experiencing a tv milestone with the airing of their 100 episode.
- There is a lot going on for Riley Perrin in season 6 between work and being pregnant that she says emotional train wreck for most of the season.
- The cast and crew are all really good friends. Often they will sit around laughing, talking and "telling some wild story that happened and sure enough, two weeks later, it’s in the show."
After the interview we had the opportunity to sit with these cast members for a Baby Shower Style lunch and baby shower games. We were separated into three teams and played a game of Charades. I was on Tahj Mowry's team. They each had to act out 8 baby related words for us to guess. The team with the most answers right won. Of course, my team won! 🙂 Here he is acting out our words:
Don't forget to tune in Monday, March 13 at 8:30-9:00pm EST on Freeform for the Season 6 Premiere of Baby Daddy.