This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Nutella. Coconut. Banana. Seriously Heaven. Yum. I may just go upstairs and cut myself another slice now. On Father’s Day, my husband requested Coconut Crusted Nutella Stuffed French Toast for breakfast. Yum. One of my favorites too. Only problem, is that I buy my Nutella at Costco. I don’t know if you buy yours at Costco, but they sell it in like Super sized double pack. More Nutella than you could ever need but not more than you want, of course. This means that I had to come up with another Nutella Recipe. We had lots of bananas laying around so I decided to make Banana Coconut Poke Cake with Nutella Frosting.
Banana Coconut Poke Cake with Nutella Frosting
5 ripe bananas, mashed
3 cups all purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup softened unsalted butter
1 ½ cups white sugar
½ cups brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 ½ cups almond milk
1 cup softened unsalted butter
2 cups powdered sugar
1 ½ cups Nutella
4 Tablespoons Almond Milk
¼ cup Coconut Syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
I bake my cake first and when it is cooking, make the frosting. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Note, many ovens cook differently so adjust cooking times to your oven.
1. Mix Bananas, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, milk, and 1/2 cup coconut syrup in small bowl.
2. In large bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, both sugars and cinnamon.
3. Combine wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour cake batter into circle cake pan. There is enough batter to make two circle cakes.
5. Bake for one hour or until fork comes out clean and cake is golden brown.
6. Allow cake to cool.
7. When cool, Poke holes in cake and fill with coconut syrup. This really makes the cake because when you cut into one of the pockets you get a nice amount of coconut syrup dripping over your cake. So yummy.
8. Add all Frosting ingredients to bowl and mix well. If it is too thin add more powdered sugar. If it is too thick add more coconut syrup. You can add more Nutella if you desire for taste.
9. Frost your cake. You can spread frosting on it or use a frosting tip and bag.
10. Sprinkle Coconut Flakes on Frosted Cake. You might be tempted to skip this part, but it really adds delicious coconut flavor to the cake and you don’t want to miss out on that!
11. Enjoy! Best if served immediately!