This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
This Sesame Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry is a great and super easy family dinner idea, packed with flavor and way better than takeout.
Around here takeout is our little pleasure. I mean going for takeout is SO easy that we almost always find ourselves going with it a little too many times. So I decided to try to come up with ways to do my takeout favorites at home.
I would be lying to you if I told you that it was easy because first I had to try so many combinations that I almost went insane. But I can finally say I have found out a recipe that’s really good and has all the things I love without being difficult. This sesame broccoli stir fry tastes a million times better than anything from your local takeout place. Actually, it’s so good you’ll never find yourself reaching for that menu again.
Best of all? It’s also really easy to make. So if you are short on time and trying to put some food on the table FAST then this recipe is perfect. You don’t need a ton of difficult to find ingredients and most of them, except for the sesame seeds, are pantry staples in almost every single home.
While I love to go big on the broccoli you can also use other veggies like carrots and mushrooms, so it just depends on what you like and the things you already have on hand. Since it’s so delicious and jam packed with flavor you can pretty much go with any veggie to supercharge the nutrition factor.
I like to make a big batch and then have enough leftovers for a quick lunch the next day, it holds up great so it’s also an incredibly good meal to pack in a lunchbox.
Sesame Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry
- 4 Boneless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsps sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 1/2 Cups broccoli florets
- 1 Chopped garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a wok on medium heat.
- Add in the broccoli and cook until soft.
- Add in the garlic, salt, and pepper and mix in well.
- In a medium skillet, cook the chicken chunks until well done.
- Pour in half of the soy sauce and let it sit on the meat for 5 minutes.
- Combine the chicken with the broccoli and add the remaining soy sauce.
- Mix well and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Spoon into a bowl and serve.