My family went on a drive this weekend and the leaves here in Utah are the most amazing colors. This picture was taken at Bridal Veil Falls, in Provo Utah. I love fall because of the beautiful colors and cooler weather. It really makes me happy. My family spends most weekends going out on hiking adventures so we can watch the progression of fall colors.
With Halloween coming up one of our favorite fall traditions is picking out the perfect pumpkin. We love carving pumpkins as a family, but my husband always picks a few extra pumpkins that we bake and make pumpkin puree. We will be going to the pumpkin patch this weekend!
The best way to celebrate fall is with some Pumpkin Bread. Yum! (anything pumpkin is amazing!) Here is a delicious Pumpkin Bread recipe created by our A Sparkle of Genius foodie contributor Renee. Renee is the type of person that you wished you lived next door to. Not only because she is one of the kindest people I have met, but because she is an amazing cook! I am excited to share some of her recipes with you. Here is her Pumpkin Bread Recipe:
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
1 15 oz. can pumpkin
1 1/4 c cooking oil
2 c sugar
1. Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk.
2. With a spoon make a well in the center of all the dry ingredients.
3. In the center of the well place the pumpkin, eggs and oil. Mix until combined.
4. Divide the batter among two well sprayed loaf pans.
5. Bake at 350 for about 60-70 mins or until a cake tester comes out clean.
If you love our Pumpkin Bread recipe, here are some other fall recipes you might enjoy: