This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
I love Mother’s Day. Not because it is a day that I can get spoiled, but because its a day that my kids give me that most adorable hand made gift. My husband always feels like I need to be spoiled with flowers, chocolates and other big gifts, but for me, the most special ones are the hand drawn letters from my kids with cute pictures on them. I love a hand made gift. A gift from the heart. The little notes that I receive from my kids are always so special to me and I can tell through their artwork that they love me so much. And I love them and cherish them. Two of my kids are getting a little older and want something a little more intensive than a hand drawn card. I told them that they could go into the art room and create. They love to have the tools just to be creative and see what they can make. I always love seeing what they come up with. Here is a Mother’s Day Tote Gift Idea that older kids can easily do and moms will love!
Mother’s Day Tote Gift Idea
1. Gather all your supplies
2. Tape Stencil to Canvas bag with Masking Tape (I over taped just to make sure that the stencil didn’t move and then I moved the tape when I got to the area)
3. Use your Elmers Painters Pen color of choice and fill in the stencil. You can use one color or multiple colors. I found it easiest for kids to stick with one color for their first time using a stencil.
4. When finished, go over any spot in the stencil that needs more color or better outline.
5. Remove Masking tape from Stencil, remove stencil and allow Elmers Painters to dry. Doesn’t take long. 🙂
6. With your Cricut Machine, Cut out a tag with the shape of your choice. They have lots to choose from. You can either use pen to write Happy Mother’s Day, your Cricut or print it on the paper before cutting. I have a Cricut Mini, so I had to print the words on my printer first and then cut around them.
7. Attach Tag and Flowers with Twine or ribbon of your choice. Give the bag as the gift, or fill with other little presents! This is a gift mom is sure to love!