We had so much fun making our homemade tortillas last week that we decided to try again but this time make whole wheat tortillas. Many of the recipes we use have whole wheat tortillas so we decided to try making them instead of just buying them. It is equally as easy to make as tortillas made from white flour, but in my opinion have so much more flavor!
- 3½ cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water (I just heat it up from the tap)
These tortillas are super easy to make. Definitely worth making over buying, in my opinion. They are softer, fresher and full of flavor. We doubled the recipe above and made enough tortillas for the whole week.
1. Mix all ingredients in bowl.
2. Combine until dough is wet.
3. Divide dough into 12 small pieces pieces and roll into balls.
4. Flour your service and roll out dough until its the desired size and thickness.
5. Pre-heat griddle. (I didn't need to grease my griddle because of the oil in the recipe)
6. Cook on one side until you see large bubbles then flip.
7. Cook until both sides are light brown.
8. Remove from griddle and put on plate with a paper towel on it. (We put another plate over the top to keep them fresh and warm)
Skinny Egg Tacos
Whole Wheat Tortillas
1 skinny cow cheese triangle
2 egg whites
2 T. salsa
This is one of my favorite breakfasts! It fills me up but it is a great healthy start to your morning!