This Chocolate Candy Spoon with Heart is an easy and delicious treat that adds personality, deliciousness and fun to a birthday, anniversary, tea party or Valentine’s Day party. Enjoy a fun party with additional treats like Peppermint Ice Cream Hot Chocolate, fruit and brownie kabob and dipped chocolate chip cookies.
Chocolate Candy Spoon with Heart is not only easy to make but it is really fun to make. Once you have the spoon mold, you can make it again and again with different colors of chocolate or sprinkles for different holidays and events. You could make fun Halloween spoons for a party with our Halloween Brookies or for a Valentines party with our Valentines Chocolate Caramel Pretzels. Anyway you decide to make it, it is a fun treat that adds to your celebrations. And who wouldn’t want to eat their spoon?
Chocolate Candy Spoon with Heart
Time: 1 hour
Yields: 8 Spoons
- 1½ cup Wilton White Candy Melts
- Red Wilton Fondant
- Red Wilton Sugar Sprinkles
- A Wilton Candy Melt Pot is recommended to heat candy melts with your Chocolate Candy Spoon with Heart. If you do not own a candy melt pot simply microwave candy melts at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% in 15 -second intervals and stir until completely smooth. Do not overheat.
- Knead red fondant into a ball. Using fondant roller, flatten fondant into thin layer.
- Carefully cut 8 hearts (approximately 1 inch tall) from layer with fondant knife.
- Gently press fondant hearts into the bottom of each spoon. Make sure they are secure before moving to next step.
- Pour white candy melts into mold, filling each spoon cavity to the top. Place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove mold from freezer. Carefully pop spoons from mold, lifting at both sides to avoid breakage.
- Using a small spoon, drizzle white candy melt along Chocolate Candy Spoon with Heart handles. Quickly dust red sugar sprinkles over handles. Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and serve your Chocolate Candy Spoon with Heart with hot chocolate, dessert, or alone!