PAM Cooking Spray sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.
On September first until somewhere around the new year, I feel like I spend a lot more time in the kitchen. There is something about the onset of fall that puts me in baking mode and I stay there through the Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons. I love to bake. I love the smell of cookies, breads, cakes and all other delicious foods of the seasons. There is something about baking that brings a family together. My kids are getting to the age where they are wanting to bake more and I love using this time to find simple recipes for them to learn and being able to share tips to help them while they cook.
One of our favorite recipes we love making are Homemade Tortillas. They are a staple in our house because we love egg tacos for breakfast, chicken tacos for dinner and cinnamon sugar tortillas for dessert. Tortillas are a great starting recipe for kids because they require minimal ingredients and not a lot of time. Plus, they taste delicious and you can eat them right away! This weekend for we cooked up some of our favorite Chipotle Egg Tacos.
When making eggs, one of the most important things I teach my kids is that spraying your pan with PAM Cooking Spray is one of the most important steps. If you do not spray it well, your eggs will stick. We have all been there in baking where we forget to spray our pan and we are punished for it. What should have been a quick cleanup turns into scrubbing eggs and extra clean time. Save yourself some time and spray your pan! PAM Cooking Spray is a sensible way to save time in the kitchen.
PAM Cooking Spray
3 Cups Flour
1 t. salt
1 t. baking powder
1/3 c. oil
1 c. warm water
1. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until dough-like.
2. Roll into a large ball and cut into 12 smaller pieces.
3. Roll each piece into a small ball, flatten and roll out with a rolling pin.
4. Lightly spray the griddle with PAM Cooking Spray.
5. Cook on griddle until both sides are lightly brown.
6. Cover plate with paper towel until ready to eat. I recommend eating immediately, because they are yummy!
Chipotle Egg Tacos
PAM Cooking Spray
2 teaspoons crushed dry chipotle
Fresh green onion
1 diced Roma tomato
3 T shredded Chipotle Cheddar Cheese
1. Beat eggs add chipotle and half green onions
2. Generously spray hot pan with PAM Cooking Spray
3. Pour mixture onto pan
5. Place on tortilla, add tomatoes, remaining green onion and cheese.
6. Roll and serve immediately.
PAM Cooking Spray leaves *99% less residue than margarine or bargain-brand cooking sprays too. (* vs. leading cooking sprays (except olive oil), after spraying on glass bakeware, baking at 400°F for 30 min, cooling, and then washing in standard home dishwasher with detergent and repeating 4 times).
For recipes and cooking tips, follow PAM Cooking Spray on Facebook and Pinterest, or visit pamcookingspray.com.PAM Cooking Spray sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.