Hello fellow foodies! Today, we're going to dive into a dessert that's guaranteed to wow your guests at any gathering – a tantalizing and easy fudge recipe that requires only two ingredients. Yes, you heard that right, only two! This 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fudge will be your new secret weapon for special occasions or those sweet tooth emergencies.
The Secret Behind the Simplicity
The stars of this show are simple ingredients, easily found in most grocery stores - a can of strawberry frosting and a bag of strawberry flavored pink candy melts. That's it! It's a game-changer for everyone out there who has had a difficult time juggling a complex ingredient list or struggled with a candy thermometer.
This recipe shines in its simplicity. Just melt, mix, and chill. That's it! You might be wondering if such a simple recipe can truly result in a decadent dessert, but let me assure you, the end product is a smooth fudge bursting with strawberry flavor, and the best part? It's done in little time.
2 Ingredient Strawberry Fudge
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 3 Minutes
Chill Time: 4 Hours
Yields: About 16 1-Inch Pieces
Intro: This 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fudge is quite possibly one of the easiest fudge recipes you’ll ever try. Rich and decadent with a burst of strawberry flavor. Perfect as a gift or any occasion.
- 1 16-Ounce Can Strawberry Frosting
- 1 12-Ounce Bag Strawberry Flavored Pink Candy Melts
- 8x8 Baking Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Medium Microwave-Safe Mixing Bowl
- Rubber Spatula
- Line your 8x8 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place your candy melts in a medium mixing bowl and microwave for 2 minutes, pausing every 30 seconds to stir the melts so they don’t burn or overcook. Once the candy melts are smooth, without lumps, when stirred, then they’re ready.
- Remove the lid and every tiny piece of foil from the strawberry frosting and microwave for 1 minute.
- Pour the melted frosting into the bowl with the melted chocolate and stir vigorously until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Tap the pan on the counter before placing it into the fridge.
- Chill for up to 4 hours or until set. Cut into 1-inch pieces, serve, and enjoy!
Here are some of our favorites (click the link for the recipe):
- 2-Ingredient Vanilla Fudge
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fudge
- 2-Ingredient Caramel Fudge
- 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge
- More 2 ingredient fudge variations
Mastering the Method
The method is as straightforward as the ingredient list. You'll need a microwave-safe bowl, a rubber spatula, and an 8x8 square pan lined with parchment paper. I emphasize parchment paper here because it makes the fudge super easy to lift out of the pan and cut into small pieces with a sharp knife. No struggling with a sticky fudge mixture clinging to your pan.
When it comes to melting the candy melts, you must be patient and ensure they're stirred every 30 seconds to prevent overheating and burning. Once you have a smooth consistency, it's time to melt the strawberry frosting. Make sure you remove every bit of foil from the lid or you may have a mini firework show in your microwave.
The final step involves pouring the melted frosting into the bowl with the melted candy melts and stirring until fully combined. Pour this into your prepared baking pan, tap the pan to even out the mixture and then chill until set. It's a room temperature recipe that requires no oven, no stove, and no candy thermometer!
The Flexibility Factor
The beauty of this two-ingredient fudge is its flexibility. Can't find strawberry frosting or pink candy melts? No worries! You can use vanilla frosting or a bag of chocolate chips instead. You can even switch to almond butter or creamy peanut butter for a different flavor profile.
Some Handy Tips
Here are some tips to make your 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fudge experience even better:
- For an extra strong strawberry flavor, consider adding ½ a teaspoon of strawberry extract to the melted frosting before combining it with the candy melts. Be sure to stir it thoroughly.
- If you can't find strawberry flavored candy melts, just use pink candy melts and add a ½ teaspoon of strawberry extract to the frosting before combining.
- The fudge can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- The fudge will be a bit hard when fresh out of the fridge or freezer. Give it some time to warm up at room temperature before serving.
- Once you cut the fudge, it's best to store it in an airtight container as exposure to air can dry it out.
FAQ for 2 Ingredient Strawberry Fudge
What is the best way to cut the fudge?
To cut the fudge, use a sharp knife and make sure the fudge is at room temperature. If it's too cold, it can be quite hard and difficult to cut.
Can I use regular condensed milk instead of frosting?
Yes, you can use sweetened condensed milk, but it may lessen the strawberry flavor. If you opt for this, consider adding more strawberry candy melts or strawberry extract.
Can I use different flavored candy melts?
Absolutely! This recipe is flexible. You can experiment with different flavors like mint chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or dark chocolate chips.
How long does this fudge last?
This fudge can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and in the freezer for up to 3 months. Just make sure to let it warm up a bit before serving.
What can I do if my fudge is too hard?
If your fudge is too hard, it's likely that it's too cold. Allow it to come to room temperature before serving. If it's still too hard, it may have been overcooked during the melting phase.
Key Takeaways 2 Ingredient Strawberry Fudge
The 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fudge recipe is a simple, easy, and delicious treat perfect for any occasion. Here are some important points to remember:
- The key to this recipe is patience while melting and mixing. Ensure your candy melts are smooth and free of lumps for a creamy, smooth fudge.
- Flexibility is a strength of this recipe. Feel free to experiment with different candy melts or frosting flavors.
- Remember to let the fudge come to room temperature before cutting and serving. This will ensure it's not too hard and is at its most delicious.
The Fudge Factor – Variations to Try
If you're in the mood for a twist on this classic, there are plenty of alternatives to the 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fudge you can try. Switch out the strawberry for peanut butter chips, or try a combination of white chocolate fudge with cream cheese frosting for a different flavor. The only limit is your imagination!
Final Thoughts: 2 Ingredient Strawberry Fudge
There you have it - a simple, decadent dessert that requires only two ingredients and a little time. This 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fudge is perfect for the holiday season, a quick treat for the family, or a delicious gift for friends and neighbors. It's proof that an easy recipe can still offer amazing flavors and satisfy that sweet craving.
Remember, even though it's an easy recipe, take your time to ensure the best results. And most importantly, enjoy the process. The joy of cooking comes from experimenting, learning, and savoring the delicious results. Enjoy your 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fudge, and as always, keep on cooking!
Remember to share your experiences, tips, or any new recipes you'd love for me to try. Until next time, happy cooking!
Hi, my name is Melissa! I live in Spanish Fork, Utah. I'm happily married to Rob, and together we have five wonderful kids. Our family loves to embark on adventures, often in our RV, exploring the great outdoors. I'm an avid reader and a big fan of Hallmark movies – they always have a way of lifting my spirits. Hiking is another passion of mine; there's nothing like the tranquility of nature. I have a sweet tooth for chocolate and a love for Mexican food, both of which make life a little more delicious. In my downtime, I enjoy playing games with my family, creating memories and sharing laughter. Life is an adventure, and I'm here to enjoy every moment of it! I'm the blogger and creative mind behind the blog A Sparkle of Genius! Check out our posts on recipes, crafts, kid stuff, printables, travel and more!