Hello fellow sweet tooth enthusiasts! Today I am excited to share a delightful treat that has been brightening my day lately - the delectable 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge. This is an incredibly easy fudge recipe, needing only two key ingredients - white frosting and Reese’s Peanut Butter chips. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that a simple recipe like this could result in such a decadent delight!
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly skeptical at first, but it turned out to be a fantastic surprise. The best part? It's a perfect sweet treat for the holiday season, special occasions, or just because! So, without further ado, let's delve into this mouth-watering world of 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge.
The Simple Recipe: 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
If there's one thing you need to know about me, it's that I am always on the hunt for the simplest, easiest recipe that delivers the most flavor. And I must say, I've hit a home run with this one. Just two simple ingredients and a little time, and you're on your way to experiencing a delightful fudge that's creamy, smooth, and utterly peanut buttery. The richness of this fudge mixture means it only takes small pieces to satisfy your sweet cravings, making it an ideal quick treat!
But enough talk, let's jump right into it! Here's how you make your own 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge:
- 1 16-Ounce Can White Frosting
- 1 10-Ounce Bag Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
- 8x8 Baking Pan
- Parchment Paper
How to Make 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
- Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper. Don’t just use nonstick spray on your pan, as it doesn’t work as effectively. Trust me, I’ve tried it!
- Place the peanut butter chips in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent the chips from burning.
- Take the top and foil off the can of frosting and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Pour the frosting into the bowl with the melted peanut butter chips.
- Stir the mixture well to combine all the ingredients.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly, tapping the pan to flatten.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours or until the fudge has set.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the fudge into 1-inch small pieces, and voila, your 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge is ready to be enjoyed!
Tips for Perfecting Your 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
Making this fudge is incredibly straightforward, but here are some tips to help you get the best results every single time:
- Watch your timing: Do not overcook your peanut butter chips or they might turn lumpy. Microwave in short intervals and stir to ensure even melting.
- Proper Storage: Store your fudge in an airtight container in a cool, dry spot for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Experiment with flavors: Feel free to switch out the flavor of the chips to change up the taste of the fudge. Dark chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or even mint chocolate chips can add a twist to this traditional fudge recipe.
- Switch it up with frostings: If you can find peanut butter frosting, feel free to use that in place of the white frosting for an even bigger peanut butter taste. You can also try strawberry frosting for a strawberry fudge twist.
- Substitutions: You can substitute the peanut butter chips with 16 ounces of creamy peanut butter. While it didn’t work the best with natural peanut butter, the sugar-added peanut butter options worked great. Also, a 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk can replace the frosting, but you'll need to add 2 more ounces of peanut butter chips.
Here are some of our favorites (click the link for the recipe):
- 2-Ingredient Vanilla Fudge
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fudge
- 2-Ingredient Caramel Fudge
- 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge
- More 2 ingredient fudge variations
- This 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge recipe is an incredibly simple recipe that doesn’t require a candy thermometer or any fancy tools - just a microwave-safe bowl, a square pan, and a sharp knife.
- It's the perfect sweet treat for holidays, special occasions, or to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
- With a rich, creamy texture and decadent peanut butter taste, this fudge is sure to be a hit with both adults and kids.
- While the recipe calls for white frosting and Reese's peanut butter chips, you can play around with different frostings and chips to create your own unique flavors.
- With the right care, your delicious fudge can last up to a week at room temperature or up to three months if frozen.
Frequently Asked Questions About the 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe
1. Can I use creamy peanut butter instead of peanut butter chips?
Yes, you can use 16 ounces of creamy peanut butter in place of the peanut butter chips. Keep in mind that while natural peanut butter did not yield the best results in my testing, the creamy peanut butter options with added sugar worked wonderfully.
2. Can I substitute the white frosting with something else?
Absolutely! You can use sweetened condensed milk in place of the white frosting. You may need to add two extra ounces of peanut butter chips to achieve the right consistency. Additionally, you can experiment with different flavors of frosting such as strawberry or chocolate.
3. How can I store the leftover fudge?
Store the leftover fudge in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. For longer storage, you can freeze the fudge in a freezer bag for up to three months.
4. Can I make this fudge with other types of chocolate?
Of course! Feel free to swap out the peanut butter chips with milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or even mint chocolate chips to customize the fudge to your liking.
5. I'm not a big fan of peanut butter. Can I still make this fudge?
Yes! One of the best parts of this recipe is its versatility. You can use any kind of chips you prefer - white chocolate, dark chocolate, or even mint chocolate for a refreshing twist. Pair these with vanilla frosting or cream cheese frosting to create your own version of the 2-Ingredient Fudge.
There you have it, folks! A deliciously simple, incredibly indulgent 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge recipe that's sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. I hope you enjoy making (and eating!) this as much as I do.
Remember, the best part about this recipe is its simplicity and versatility. So, don't be afraid to experiment with different types of frostings and chips to create your unique fudge flavors. Enjoy your fudge-making journey and do share your experiences. Happy baking!