In the world of sweet treats, I have a confession to make: I am obsessed with fudge! There's just something about the way this soft, melt-in-your-mouth candy comes together in one blissful bite. However, I am also all about simplicity when it comes to whipping up a quick treat in my kitchen. That's why I am over the moon about this 2 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge recipe. It's so easy that even a first-time cook can perfect it, making it one of the best fudge recipes for beginners.
What Makes This 2-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge Special
The best part about this recipe is undoubtedly its simplicity. The two simple ingredients, sweetened condensed milk and a bag of chocolate chips, work together to create a delicious chocolate fudge that's rich, creamy, and absolutely indulgent. What's more, this easy fudge recipe doesn't require any special equipment like a candy thermometer or double boiler. All you need is a microwave-safe bowl and your trusted microwave.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Making the 2-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge
The entire process is unbelievably easy. Let's go over the steps one by one:
- 14-Ounce Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 12-Ounce Bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 8x8 Baking Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Start by lining an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper. I cannot emphasize enough how important this step is. Trust me, parchment paper is your friend! It makes removing the fudge from the pan a breeze.
- Next, combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium, microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Microwave the mixture for about 2 minutes or until the chocolate chips become smooth when stirred. Be careful not to overcook, or the mixture may toughen up, making it hard to handle later.
- Stir well to ensure the ingredients are combined thoroughly.
- Pour the fudge mixture into your prepared baking pan. Smooth the top with a rubber spatula and tap the pan gently on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Place your pan in the fridge for about 4 hours or until the fudge sets.
- Finally, using a sharp knife, slice your delectable fudge into 1-inch small pieces. Enjoy!
Key Takeaways and Tips
- This 2-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge is a simple recipe that's perfect for the holiday season, special occasions, or when you just need a sweet treat.
- Be careful not to overcook your chocolate and milk, as this can lead to a hard-to-handle mixture.
- Always line your pan with parchment paper. It helps in easy removal of the fudge from the pan.
- Store your fudge in an airtight container in the fridge or a cool, dry spot for up to a week.
- Change up the flavor by swapping out the type of chocolate chips. For instance, dark chocolate chips or white chocolate chips can be a delightful alternative. If you're a fan of creamy peanut butter, try peanut butter chips!
- Remember to cut your fudge with a sharp knife for clean, small pieces.
Here are some of our favorites (click the link for the recipe):
- 2-Ingredient Vanilla Fudge
- 2-Ingredient Strawberry Fudge
- 2-Ingredient Caramel Fudge
- 2-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
- 2-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge
- More 2 ingredient fudge variations
Frequently Asked Questions About 2-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge
1. Can I use a different type of milk instead of sweetened condensed milk?
For the creamiest fudge, sweetened condensed milk is the best option. Using regular condensed milk may result in a less sweet and less creamy fudge. Sweetened condensed milk provides the perfect consistency and sweetness that makes this 2-ingredient fudge a delight to devour.
2. Can I replace semi-sweet chocolate chips with other types of chocolate?
Absolutely! You can swap the semi-sweet chocolate chips with any other kind you prefer or have on hand. From dark chocolate chips to milk chocolate chips, or even mint chocolate chips for a refreshing twist. You can also experiment with white chocolate fudge or strawberry fudge by using strawberry frosting.
3. Can I add more ingredients to this 2 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge?
Yes, feel free to get creative! Although the beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity, you can certainly add in extra ingredients like candy canes for a festive touch, almond butter for a nutty taste, or a few drops of food coloring for a pop of color.
4. Can I freeze the 2 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge for a longer shelf life?
Yes, you can store the fudge in a freezer bag and freeze it for longer storage. It should last for a couple of months. Just remember to thaw it at room temperature before serving.
5. How can I make a peanut butter version of this fudge?
To create a two-ingredient peanut butter fudge, simply replace the chocolate chips with your favorite peanut butter. Use the same process of melting with the sweetened condensed milk and setting in the fridge.
Alternatives to 2 Ingredient Chocolate Fudge
If you love experimenting and trying new recipes, here are some fun alternatives to 2-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge you can try:
- 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge: Replace the chocolate chips with a jar of peanut butter and add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor.
- Almond Joy Fudge: Add some shredded coconut and chopped almonds to your fudge mixture.
- Cookies and Cream Fudge: Use white chocolate chips and mix in some crushed Oreos for a cookies and cream flavor.
Whether it's the holiday season, a special occasion, or just a regular day when your sweet tooth calls, this 2-Ingredient Chocolate Fudge is a quick, easy, and absolutely delightful treat to make. It's a testament to the fact that you don't always need a ton of ingredients or complicated steps to create something truly delicious.
Remember, this recipe is also a fun way to get creative in the kitchen. From adding different flavors of frosting to experimenting with all kinds of chocolate chips, the possibilities are endless. It's all about finding what you and your loved ones enjoy the most.
Now, it's time for you to take this simple recipe and make it your own. Go ahead, make some fudge magic!