This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Did you know that you can bake in a Mason Jar? Its true! I love to give baked gifts away. Cookies, cakes, brownies and breads. The problem with breads is that I don’t want to give them away in my bread pan but they don’t always come out of the pan as nicely as I want them to. A mason jar Banana Bread is nice because you can put a little ribbon and a note around it and give it away as a gift. Your recipient just needs to grab a fork and enjoy! I used the wide mouth jars so they could eat them easier. I used my Cricut Machine to make the tag.
Mason Jar Banana Bread
2 cups Granulated Sugar
1 cup Softened Butter
4 1/2 cup mashed bananas (about 9 bananas)
1 t. vanilla
2½ cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp salt
Wide mouth Mason Jars (Wide mouth work best so your bread will easily slide out)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix sugar and butter. Add bananas and eggs until well-mixed.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
4. Pour batter in to Mason Jar until 1/2-2/3 full.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, until cooked through. Bake time may vary with different ovens. Text with fork or toothpick for doneness.
6. Cool before putting on the lid.
You can use your Cricut Machine to make labels. I had left over batter with this recipe when I finished baking my desired amount of Mason Jar Breads. I used the extra batter and made up a batch of muffins for the husband and kiddos.