During Cold/Flu season, these Homemade Vapor Rub Shower Melts will be a life saver!
This cold/flu season has been seriously brutal! Sometimes, it seems like its not who is going to be sick-- but how often are they going to be sick! It is nice to keep these Vicks shower melts on hand to help ease the symptoms of flu season.
Just add one vapor rub shower melt to the bottom of your kids shower and the steam mixed with the Vapor Rub will give them relief from their symptoms.
This will help them clear their sinuses and breathe better. I love warm showers when I'm not feeling good and these shower cubes make them smell great and feel great, too!
This is perfect for your kids when they are feeling cold symptoms. My 6-year-old daughter loves seeing the vapor rub shower melts dissolve in the water!
Vicks and Cornstarch makes a colorless mixture-- but you can add a color tablet to make these Vapor Shower Melts vibrant and fun!
The color tablets are yellow, blue or red. Let your children choose their favorite color and add a color tablet to make these Vicks shower melts.
Homemade Vapor Rub Shower Melts
Makes 8 Vapor Rub Shower Melts
Vapor Rub Shower bomb directions
- In extra small bowl, add 2 Tablespoons water and 1 color tablet. Let color fully dissolve.
- Mix 1/2 cup Corn Starch and entire container of Vick's Vapor Rub. It will take a few minutes to get mixture fully combined.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of colored water to mixture and combine completely.
- Add vicks vapor rub shower melts mixture to silicone mold and flatten. This will make approx. 8 melts.
- If you want more, double recipe.
- Freeze silicone mold for 25 minutes. You can store your unused homemade shower cubes in freezer or in a closed mason jar in your bathroom.
During Flu/Cold season-- it is important to make sure you are drinking lots of water to stay hydrated and get lots of rest! Our kids love mixing a stick of CoreAO into their water to also help shorten the symptoms of cold season. If your kid gets bored while they are recovering-- make them up a fun batch of glitter slime or Silky playdoh!
Pin for later: