This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Are you doing Elf on the Shelf in your home? This is our second year and I am trying to step up my game. Here are 10 Elf on The Shelf Ideas I shared a few days ago. This project really only takes about 15 minutes but I think makes your Elf look really cute. If your Elf is a girl, how about making her an Elf on the Shelf Skirt!
Elf on the Shelf Skirt
What you need
8 x 14 inches fabric
4 inch Elastic
- Cut out 8×14 inches in your fabric
- Fold Fabric in half and sew a bottom seam
- With right sides together, sew the ends together
- Cut Elastic to a 4 inch piece
- Fold 1/4 inch down on the top of the fabric and iron to hold in place. Sew all the way around leaving a small opening for you elastic.
- With a safety pin on the end of your elastic, feed elastic all the way through the top of your skirt then sew the ends together
- Sew the casing shut and you have an elf skirt!
Here is the printable:
If you would rather sew an Apron then a skirt here is an easy tutorial for you:
Elf on the Shelf Apron
What you need
4×5 inches bottom fabric
4×5 inches sheer fabric
8 inches ribbon
1. Fold in a 1/8 inch seam around entire piece of bottom fabric and sew all the way around.
2. Round the bottom of the sheer fabric and lay it on top of the bottom fabric.
3. Lay out the ribbon top of the sheer fabric with the middle of the ribbon on the middle of the top of the fabric. Pin in place.
4. Sew ribbon and sheer fabric along the top of the fabric.
Here is the adjusted printable: