Sharing is caring!
Let me start off by saying that I hate m&m cookies. It's something about the m&m's going into the oven and then coming out changed and I think I don't like the candy shell in my soft chewy cookie. I lived to eat my words. I found this recipe and it first caught my eye because of how pretty the cookie looked even though I wouldn't make them because they had M&M's in them but when I saw the recipe, the woman who made them said that she hated m&m cookies too. Now she had my full attention. She said that she made them by accident but they were AMAZING!!!! And that they were. Super soft and Chewy and the m&m's stayed perfect. Pretty and tasty! The whole package.
- ¾ cup butter, cold
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 11/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 (3.4 oz) box Instant French Vanilla Pudding Mix
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 cup flour
- 1½ cup Mini M&Ms, plus ¼ cup more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In bowl of stand mixer combine butter and brown sugar, beating until combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla and continue mixing until smooth, scraping sides as necessary. Mix in French vanilla pudding, baking soda and salt.
- Finally add in the flour and beat until just combined.
- Stir in M&Ms.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Add a few mini m&m's to the top of each cookie.
- Press the top of each cookie down slightly to make the m&m's stick and flatten it a tiny bit because they don't loose their shape while baking.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for one minute and then transfer to wire rack to finish cooling. You can see the ones that I didn't garnish or flatten vs. the ones I did. It's totally up to you. Purely aesthetics, it all tastes the exact same! You may wanna double the batch because they go so quickly. Enjoy!
Sharing is caring!