Celebrate our Planet on April 22nd with these adorable Earth Day Cake Bites.
There are so many great ways to take care of our planet. Kids love celebrating this day and are often excited to clean up their planet. Earth Day is a fun day to learn about the world around them. You can celebrate earth day with our free Earth Day printable and Earth Slime. You can also celebrate Earth day by cleaning up garbage, turning off lights or watching a documentary about Earth. Your kids will love to come up with ideas of how we can be more green. Here is a delicious Earth Day treat:
Earth Day Cake Bites
- 1 box of cake mix - plus the ingredients needed to make it
- Food coloring - green and blue
- 1 tub of vanilla frosting
- Brown candy melts
- Green candy melts
- Blue candy melts
- White sugar crystals
- Sugar crystals (option)
- Wax paper
- Optional Cake Pop Mold
Earth Cake Bites Directions
- Mix your cake mix according to your package instructions.
- Divide into two bowls and tint one green and one blue.
- Bake the cakes and let it cool completely. In a large bowl, crumble the cake. (One color per bowl.)
- Divide the frosting into two bowls and tint one green and one blue. Add in the frosting. I use a traditional creamy buttercream frosting. I haven't tried making it with the whipped frosting, so I can't tell you how it affects the texture. Mix together thoroughly.
- Lay a piece of wax paper on a cookie sheet. Grab a bit of green cake and a bit of blue cake. Using your hands, roll together. Sometimes to get the Earth-like swirls, I will twist the colors together or once rolled, cut in half and re-roll. When finished, place on your sheet. Place the sheet in the freezer for about 20 minutes until they are set. (Hint: If your cake mix is hard to roll or sticky, place the bowl in the freezer for a few minutes!)
- In a small bowl, melt the brown candy melts according to the package directions. Dip one of your cake pops into the candy coating and cover. Place back into the freezer to set.
- Melt the green and blue candy melts into two small bowls. Drizzle the colors over the cake balls. If desired, sprinkle a few crystal sprinkles on top. Place again in the freezer to set.
Pin for later: