Celebrate Mardi Gras with Mardi Gras Cake Balls!
Mardi Gras Cake Balls
1 box of white cake mix
1/2 cup Oil
1 cup Water
1 container of vanilla frosting
1 bag of Ghirardelli dark chocolate chocolate melting wafers
Red, Yellow, and Orange cake confetti sprinkles
Yellow, black, red and orange gel food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the cake batter according to the box and split the batter into 4 bowls.
- Add 1 drop of food coloring into 1 of each bowl and mix until combined.
- Scoop each color into 1 cupcake liner, 3 liners per color.
- Bake the cupcakes at 350 degrees for 21 minutes. Remove from the cupcakes and let cool.
- Place each color of cupcakes into their own bowl, paper peeled off and crumble the cake.
- Add 1/2 Tbsp. frosting to the crumbled cake and combine until dough like.
- Take a small spoon and scoop some of each of the colored cake mix and mold together into a ball and continue until all cake mix is formed into balls.
- Place onto a plate and place into the freezer for 30 minutes until solid.
- Prepare the chocolate by using a double boiler and melt the dark chocolate.
- Pull out the cake balls and set onto the counter next to the melted chocolate.
- Carefully dip the cake ball into the chocolate using a fork. Rotate the cake ball so that it becomes fully coated in the chocolate.
- Lift the cake ball out of the chocolate and lightly tap against the edge of the pot to get rid of the excess chocolate.
- Place freshly dipped cake ball onto cookie sheet and sprinkle some confetti sprinkles. Repeat with remaining cake balls.
- Once all cakeballs have been dipped, let sit on the counter until chocolate has harden or refrigerate.