This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
How adorable are these Dr Seuss Hat Cupcakes?
It is always fun to celebrate Dr. Seuss Birthday with adorable Dr Seuss inspired recipes and crafts. Some of our favorites are our One Fish Two Fish cupcakes , Dr. Seuss Bingo Cards and Lorax Paper Roll Craft. This Dr. Seuss Day, you can celebrate with these adorable Dr. Seuss hat cupcakes. If you are having a preschool party and need dr seuss treats for school this Cat in the Hat cupcakes would be adorable! The hat is so easy to make with Oreos and Marshmallows. It would be fun to read the book to the class, do come Dr. Seuss Inspired crafts and have these adorable cupcakes. The entire class will love these adorable Dr. Seuss desserts. Here are some fun Dr. Seuss party ideas:
Dr Seuss Cat in the Hat Cupcakes
Dr Seuss Hat Cupcakes
Makes 24 cupcakes
Dr. Seuss Cupcakes
Directions for cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cupcake pan with the liners.
- In a standing mixer, combine the cake mix, butter, milk, and vanilla bean pasta and mix until combined.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into the cupcake liners and fill about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes.
- Pull out and place on the side to cool
Dr Seuss Hat Frosting
1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
2 1/2 C powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3-5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
Sky Blue gel food coloring
1 disposable piping bag fitted with a star tip
- Using a standing mixer, combine all ingredients except the food coloring into the bowl and mix on medium speed.
- If your frosting starts looking like powdery rocks, add another tablespoon of heavy whipping cream.
- Mix until you see creamy stiffed peaks.
- Mix in a few drops of the blue gel coloring.
- Mix until combined.
- Scoop some frosting into the piping bag for dr seuss hat snacks.
Chocolate covered Oreos
1 package of double stuffed Oreo’s, only needing 24 Oreos
1 bag of Ghirardelli White chocolate melting wafers
1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
Chocolate Covered Oreo Directions
- Using a double boiler, melt the white chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip an Oreo into the chocolate.
- Using a fork, flip the chocolate over and carefully pick up the oreo.
- Tap the edge of the pot to get rid of the excess chocolate.
- Place Oreo onto cookie sheet and repeat steps for remaining Oreo’s.
- Set aside to completely harden.
- Wash out double boiler pot to use again for the marshmallows.
Red striped marshmallow (Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat)
1 bag of regular sized marshmallows
1 bag of red candy melts
2-3 TBSP coconut oil
- Using the double boiler, melt the red candy melt.
- Once melted, mix in the coconut oil. This will thin out the candy melt.
- Take a marshmallow and dip 1/4 of the top into the candy melt.
- Carefully shake off excess candy melt and place onto the cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps with remaining marshmallows.
- Once the marshmallows have been dipped, turn down the heat and let the red candy melt on the marshmallows harden.
- Once they have hardened carefully peel the marshmallow off the tray.
- Flip the marshmallow over and dip 1/4 of the bottom side into the chocolate. You want the marshmallow to look like the Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat.
- Shake marshmallow to get rid of excess chocolate.
- Place the melted part onto the middle of the Oreo.
- Let the red completely harden.
- Once chocolate is hard, carefully remove the Oreo from the tray and place onto the cupcake.
Pin for later: