If you're scrolling through TikTok looking for that next great kitchen hack, I've got some good news that's sure to make your day. Picture this: classic s'mores, gooey and delicious, but made in the comfort of your kitchen with no campfire in sight. Yes, you heard it right! With the trend of Air Fryer Smores taking over, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and give it a whirl. And let me tell you, it's not just an easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth; it's also so much fun!
Can Air Fryer S'mores Really Rival the Classic Campfire Treat?
Who would have thought that an air fryer could take a classic campfire treat and turn it into a quick, anytime indoor s’mores delight? I've been playing around with my air fryer a lot lately, experimenting with everything from crispy graham crackers to golden brown chicken. But let's talk about something really exciting: Air Fryer S'mores. Yes, you heard that right! You can make delicious s'mores without an open fire, and I'm here to tell you all about it.
The beauty of using an air fryer for s'mores lies in its simplicity and speed. Traditional s’mores are great – there's something magical about toasting marshmallows over an open flame. But what if I told you that you could enjoy gooey marshmallows and melted chocolate sandwiched between crispy graham crackers anytime you like, indoors, without the need for a fire pit?
Air Fryer S'mores
Let’s dive into the simple steps I used to make these heavenly treats. Trust me, it’s an easy recipe with simple ingredients that the whole family can enjoy. The best part is enjoying this classic treat from the comfort of your own home.
- 2 graham cracker squares
- 1 Hershey’s chocolate bar
- 4 marshmallows, or 2 large ones
- Break the graham crackers in half to create even squares.
- Place regular or large marshmallows on the graham cracker half.
- Set your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 2-3 minutes. Keep a close eye on it – the cooking time may vary depending on how gooey or golden brown you prefer your marshmallows.
- While they're toasting, break the chocolate bar into squares.
- Once the marshmallows are done, immediately add the chocolate squares to the top of the marshmallow.
- Cap them off with the other halves of graham crackers, gently pressing down on sticky side to make your s’more sandwich.
- Enjoy them warm and melty right out of the air fryer!
Tips for the Perfect S'mores
To elevate your s’more experience, here are some tips:
- Parchment Paper: Line your air fryer basket with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup. It helps manage the melty chocolate and gooey marshmallows.
- Single Layer: Arrange your s'mores in a single layer in the air fryer tray. This ensures even cooking and perfectly toasted marshmallows.
- Variations: Feel adventurous? Try a different piece of chocolate like dark chocolate, white chocolate, or even Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. You can also experiment with chocolate graham crackers for extra chocolaty goodness. We have even used a pretzel instead of a graham cracker!
- Watch Closely: Air fryer temperatures can vary, so keep an eye on your gooey s’mores to avoid burning. The perfect air fryer s’mores recipe is all about timing!
What If I Don't Have Hershey's Chocolate Bars?
Any chocolate will do! There are many different ways to make them. Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or even chocolate chips can be used. It's all about your preference.
Can I Use Mini Marshmallows Instead of Large Ones?
Absolutely! Mini marshmallows work great. Just pile them up to get that gooey marshmallow layer.
How Do I Know When the S’mores Are Done?
The marshmallows will puff up and turn golden brown, and the chocolate will start to melt. That’s your cue for perfect s’mores.
Is There a Vegan Option for Air Fryer Smores?
Yes, use vegan marshmallows and chocolate. There are many great options available in the market.
Can I Make These in Advance?
Air Fryer S’mores are best enjoyed fresh. However, you can prep your graham crackers and marshmallows in advance for a delicious dessert.
- 2 Graham crackers
- 1 Hershey’s chocolate bar
- 4 marshmallows, or 2 large ones
Break the graham crackers in half, so that they are even squares.
Put the marshmallows on the bottom halves of graham crackers.
Place in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes on 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or until it has reached your desired temperature. Depending on how melted or roasted you like your marshmallows.
Break the chocolate bar in half, so that they are even squares.
Remove them from the air fryer and immediately place the chocolate bar on top of the marshmallows.
Place the top graham crackers on your smore to make it a s’more sandwich.
Enjoy while warm.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 98mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 3g
In the end, Air Fryer Smores are not just a quick and easy s’mores recipe; they're a delightful twist on a favorite campfire treat. Whether it's for a birthday party, a family gathering, or just a night in, these s'mores are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. The next time a craving strikes, remember: your air fryer is your best friend for whipping up delicious treat, a gooey air fryer s’mores in minutes.
Here are more air fryer recipes you are sure to love
Hi, my name is Melissa! I live in Spanish Fork, Utah. I'm happily married to Rob, and together we have five wonderful kids. Our family loves to embark on adventures, often in our RV, exploring the great outdoors. I'm an avid reader and a big fan of Hallmark movies – they always have a way of lifting my spirits. Hiking is another passion of mine; there's nothing like the tranquility of nature. I have a sweet tooth for chocolate and a love for Mexican food, both of which make life a little more delicious. In my downtime, I enjoy playing games with my family, creating memories and sharing laughter. Life is an adventure, and I'm here to enjoy every moment of it! I'm the blogger and creative mind behind the blog A Sparkle of Genius! Check out our posts on recipes, crafts, kid stuff, printables, travel and more!