This post is brought to you by Boudreaux’s Butt Paste and The Motherhood. All opinions are my own.
My husband and I are excited in a few months to be welcoming baby number 5 into our home. We had a lot of fun with this pregnancy because we kept it a secret if we were having a boy or a girl until we threw a gender reveal party for my kids and family members. They were so excited to find out that we are having another baby girl!!! This means that we will have two boys and three girls.
During most of the pregnancy, we focus on making sure that the baby is growing and that she is healthy. It is now that we are just 3 months away that I have to start preparing for baby to be here and thinking about all of the New mom must-haves that we need to buy. My youngest is almost 5 so it really has been a long time. Here is our list of Preparing for baby- New mom must-haves!
- Diapers, diapers and more diapers! I went to a baby shower recently and the girl received a few boxes of diapers. She commented, "Wow, that really is a lot of diapers. Will I really need that many diapers?" She will learn quickly that with a new baby, you do go through a lot of diapers!!
- Onesies and nightgowns. I have found that when you have a new baby, you really don't need a whole bunch of new born sized outfits. My babies always stayed in a onesie in the beginning because it was what was easy and convenient. You will probably want to have at least 10 onesies, nightgowns and sleepers because you will find that you go through them fast.
3. Boudreaux’s Butt Paste- Love, love, love Butt Paste. That sounds really funny to say, but this is really a must have that will be a life saver. We used Boudreaux’s Butt Paste for all of my kids for years that they were in diapers. It really is worth using with every diaper change because it protects their skin from diaper rashes. Plus, it is free of harsh ingredients so you can feel safe using it! It is funny, with all other baby products, I cant remember the specific brand we used, but with diaper rash cream-- we always use Butt Paste!
4. Burp Cloths- Babies are definitely messy when it comes to eating. While they are eating it is nice to have a burp cloth to catch what dribbles out of their mouth. You will also especially use this when they are finished drinking and need a good burp. It is very common to have your baby spit up so you'll want a burp cloth to cover your clothes whenever they are feeding.
5. Good Nail Clippers- You can find infant nail clippers with little magnifying glass on them that are so nice when your babies nails start to get longer. They will often scratch their arms or their face so it is important to keep them trimmed.
6. Diaper Bag and Changing Pad. You will take a diaper bag with you everywhere you go. Probably stocked full of all of the items on this list. Especially extra diapers and Butt Paste. It is important to find one that has good organization space, lots of room and comfortable to wear. I keep my diaper changing pad in the diaper bag so I can change on the go whenever I need.
7. Nose bulb- If your baby gets a stuffy nose, you'll want a nose bulb on hand to clear it out. Often they will give you one of these in the hospital. Stuffy noses make babies a bit fussy so it is helpful to stay on top of them.
8. Swaddle Blankets- You'll want to learn how to swaddle early on because new babies love the comfort of being swaddled up tight. We have multiple swaddle blankets that we always keep on hand for when baby gets fussy and its time for a nap.
This baby, we will stay well stocked up on Butt Paste! I love that we now have options for different levels of rashes. Check out Boudreaux’s Butt Paste for minor or moderate rash, Maximum Strength for stubborn rash, and All Natural for minor or moderate rash. Visit us on facebook and share your “Butt Paste love” by story for a chance to win our great giveaway!
Visit us on Facebook to WIN : Share your “Butt Paste love” story for a chance to win a package of Boudreaux's Butt Paste products valued at more than $35.