This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
Shelf Safe milk is something that I think people don’t know enough about. Unfortunately, I think people think, “put milk on my shelf? no way, it’ll spoil!” and don’t even think twice. But what they don’t know, is that it is safe, convenient and
Lets start with the basics.
- Shelf safe milk is the real milk that you’re used to! It is just processed and packaged in a different way.
- Grade A fluid milk that requires no refrigeration until the package is opened.
- Same nutritional profile as refrigerated milk.
Did you get that? Shelf safe milk is THE REAL MILK THAT YOU’RE USED TO. I thought that was pretty cool. That was my biggest concern. I didn’t want it to taste weird, or different, but its the same stuff you normally drink. Just processed and packaged differently.
- Shelf safe milk has been pasteurized at an Ultra High Temperature (UHT) for a shorter time, to preserve taste and nutrition
- Milk is exposed to intense heating to temperatures from 275-284°F for only three seconds
- Passes through heating and cooling stages in quick succession
Seriously, Shelf Safe Milk is an easy and nutritious way for moms to provide real milk safely to their children – anytime, anywhere – without the restrictions of refrigeration. Lets brainstorm about this for a minute. Anytime, anywhere. What exactly does this mean? Picnics, Long Car rides, school lunches, vacations… put it in your diaper bag when you are ready to leave, perfect for when your kids are thirsty and want a nutritious drink. I really got thinking about this with my own kids. It is so often that they have milk with their cereal in the morning and not drink it again during the day. I think its fabulous to have it so convenient that they can drink it whenever they want. I will be adding Shelf Safe milk to my kids lunch boxes this school year. What kid wouldn’t want this:
- Many stores carry shelf safe milk in a variety of sizes and options, including organic, nutritionally enhanced and flavored milks. You can find it at your local grocery store, Costco, or online at Amazon.com. If you can’t find it at your local store, make sure and ask! Sometimes it is in the refrigerated section or with the bakery items!