This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Rubbermaid.
I love Costco. Being a family of seven, I often find that I need to purchase my groceries in bulk. When it comes to fruits, bread, and milk, we go through a lot of it every week. I really like Costco produce because the prices are really good but I find that they spoil quicker than we are able to eat them because of the larger quantities. I try to make our money go as far as possible and sometimes it can be frustrating having to throw away fruit because it spoiled before we finished it. Luckily,with the Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Saver it keeps my produce fresh up to 80% longer*. (*Based on strawberries in FreshWorks™ containers vs. store packaging. Results may vary depending upon produce and use.) Here are 5 reasons that I recommend using Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Saver.
- Keeps my produce fresh up to 80% longer*- As mentioned above, this is a huge factor in using this product because it helps my family to have more time to eat our produce. I love that I don’t have to throw anything away and then it lasts longer. The grocery store packaging often packs fruit in so tight that it doesn’t have the chance to vent in the way needed to stay fresh.
- Dishwasher safe- This is a must have for me. I like things to be easy and there is nothing easier than being able to throw your Rubbermaid into the top shelf of your dishwasher for an easy clean.
- Different sizes- The Rubbermaid FreshWorks Containers come in three convenient sizes. Small (2.5 Cups) which is Ideal for small berries, Medium (6.3 Cups) which is perfect for strawberries and Large (17.3 Cups) which works great for leafy greens.
- Rubbermaid FreshVent Lid- This feature is so important in helping to keep your produce stay fresh. It comes with a patented membrane that naturally regulates the flow of O2 and CO2 to create the perfect fresh environment.
- Saves money- This goes hand in hand with #1. Did you know that as a result of throwing away fresh produce, Americans waste $24 billion worth of produce every year? This is the equivalent of $192 per household.** Unfortunately, I know we’ve had to throw too much produce away and this really is an awful amount of waste. (** Source: USDA 2014)
I love that this product makes my life easier while at the same time helping me to waste less with produce that lasts longer. I have been very impressed with the quality of the Rubbermaid FreshWorks products and love that they are easily stackable in my refrigerator. This is a great product to help keep your produce fresher, longer. For more information, visit them online at http://bit.ly/frshwks.
One lucky reader will win a 3-piece set of Rubbermaid FreshWorks.