This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
“We have more than a company history. We have a family tree.
We’re a family of organic farmers and their ilk, descended from more farmers and more ilk. The seed of our company was planted back in the ‘30s, when Rupert Stephens inherited the family farm: Mountain Valley Farm, 89 acres of hard living, a place to grow field berries and a family.”
“We’re not your typical food company.
Our products are sold in grocery stores all over the continent, on the shelf next to a lot of other brands. Some of them are even organic brands. But there’s one thing that makes us stand out from the crowd. Our values as a company come from our values as people first, and they’re ideals we hold near to our hearts. Read on:
- We are fiercely independent: Arran and Ratana built this family company from the fertile, organic ground up. We haven’t “sold out”—and we don’t intend to.
- We make organic food because we believe deeply in sustainability: Arran grew up hearing his father say these words often “Always leave the soil better than you found it.” It’s become one of our guiding principles, and it affects every element of our business today.
- We are creative and a little quirky: We belly dance at work. We spend break time digging in the corporate garden. We sing in meetings. A lot.
- We believe in humanity: We believe if you treat people well, they will treat you well in return. So that’s how we lead our lives and run our business. Our people seem pretty happy with that.
- We really, really love food: seriously. We bake in our spare time. We spend our winters dreaming up all the wonderful recipes we’re going to cook up with our summer gardens. We like to stop by the test kitchen—often. And we can’t stop snacking on cereal and granola bars and toaster pastries around here. You’re welcome to come by and try some.”