This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until creamy. Mix in molasses and eggs until blended.
2. In a medium bowl, sift flour, cinnamon, ginger cloves, baking soda and salt.
3. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until it forms a soft dough.
4. Refrigerate dough for 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Roll dough into balls of desired size. I flatten dough with the backside of a metal spatula.
7. Roll the dough into the sugar to cover both flattened sides.
8. Place on un-greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
9. Cook for 10-14 minutes.
10. Remove immediately onto wire rack and cool.
11. Once cookies are cool, grab the ice cream of your choice and add one scoop to bottom side of one cookie. Place another cookie on top and squish together.
12. Serve immediately or freeze them until you are ready to serve them.
These cookies are delicious and so full of flavor! The spicy gingersnap flavor goes perfectly with the sweet caramel flavor of the ice cream. You can also substitute with vanilla ice cream if you prefer. They are very easy to make and absolutely delicious. I don’t know what it is about Gingersnaps, but their taste reminds me of the holidays!