This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
BBQ Chicken Vegetable Pizza on Whole Wheat and Honey Pizza Dough
Whole Wheat and Honey Pizza Dough
2 ½ tsp yeast
1 cup warm water
2 cups whole wheat flour
¼ cup wheat germ
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp honey
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand
until creamy, about 10 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, wheat germ, and salt.
4.Make a well in the middle and add honey and yeast mixture.
5. Stir well to combine.
6. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for a few minutes.
7. Roll dough out and poke a few holes in it with a fork.
8. Top with desired toppings and bake 10 minutes or until done.
Our favorite kind of pizza is BBQ chicken but we had lots of veggies on hand so we added them. As part of step 8, we:
1. Spread BBQ sauce of dough
2. Add slice mozzarella cheese over all of the dough
3. Top with BBQ chicken
4. Top with peppers, onions and corn.
5. Bake 10 minutes or until done
6. Add cilantro and tomatoes