This article may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I may be paid a referral fee at no cost to you.
This post is sponsored by Kia. All opinions are my own.
My children are precious Cargo. As a mom of four, we spend a lot of time in the car. Between school, dance, scouts, swimming lessons and baseball games we are driving a lot. Because we are in the car a lot, and because my kids are very important to me, I take the car buying experience very serious. I look at many features in a vehicle, but the most important is making sure that my children are protected and safe. After safety though, there are many features that are must-haves as well as really likes. I am familiar with the Kia brand, as my first car was a red Kia Sephia. It was amazing to see how far the Kia’s have come since then in both style, functionality and protection. I love the Kia Sedona because its fits my needs and is perfect for the life of a busy mom. Here is my list of 6 Reasons the Kia Sedona is a great choice for Moms.
1. Safety– The Kia Sedona has the NHTSA Overall 5-Star Crash Safety Rating so I know that I can feel safe with my kids in the vehicle with me. I will be honest with you, though. Safety to me is so much more than a safe vehicle that your kids are riding in. Safety is also features that help you to be safe in your surroundings. Two of the safety features that I think are must haves that I loved on the Kia Sedona were the back up camera and the Blind-Spot detection.
We have a lot of kids in our neighborhood. They love to play outside. Often they will ride their skateboard down the hill on my street on their stomach. This means that they are down low and if I am backing up, I cannot see them. The back up camera helped me confidently back up knowing that there was no one behind me. This feature is such a great one for knowing that your surroundings are completely safe.
2. Convenience– As busy moms, we all recognize the little things that help make our life a little easier. The Kia Sedona has great features that make your busy life a little easier. My favorite convenient features include the Engine start button, the door controls and the truck close button. With the engine start button, I can leave the keys in my pocket or in my purse next to me and the car will start with the press of a button. Nice, huh!
I felt a lot safer in the Sedona to have complete control of the passenger doors so my kids couldn’t climb out before I was ready for them to. I loved that above the drivers seat, I had the controls to open and close my kids doors so they could come and go as I needed. I also had the option here to open the trunk so I didn’t have to climb out if someone needed to get something from it. You can also close the trunk with just a touch of a button which is really nice when your hands are full carrying things inside.
3. Comfort– Yes, comfort is a must have! Especially if you are going on a long car ride! But really, have you ever seen it get this comfortable? I think I would choose these seats if we were traveling, because not only to the recline, but the have a leg rest that pops out! Um, can I say amazing! The third row seats also have the ability to recline. The Kia Sedona is a must have vehicle for long car rides with kids. Comfort definitely makes a ride happier!
Living in Utah, heated seats are a best have for comfort because it gets really cold during the winter. The Kia Sedona is pretty awesome because it has heated seats AND cooled seats. This means during the hot summer day you can cool down your seat and feel much more comfortable in uncomfortable weather. My husband feels that Cooling seats are just about the best thing ever in a car!
I have a three year old daughter who is not very enjoyable in the car. If the sign is shining in her face, she is seriously a grump. The Kia Sedona has a shade feature that is so wonderful in making the car ride comfortable for sensitive eyes. There are two hooks on the top of your window where you can hook the shade when its bright and bring it down when its not. Such a great feature!
4. Space– Space is SO important. I love how much space there is in the Kia Sedona. I love having two bucket seats in the middle row because my kids aren’t cramped and bothering each other! I was impressed every time we loaded up 6 people and all our stuff in the trunk, that somehow there was always room to spare! On the way to the lake we packed towels, toys, life vests, snacks and more and we still had so much room to spare!
If you aren’t traveling with a full car of kids, though, you’ll love the Slide-N-Stow second row that gives you tons of storage space which will allow you to pack in a lot of stuff, pick up larger items, or even store a bike! Can you believe all of these space? (And don’t you just love my shadow!) 🙂
5. Cool Mom– Every mom wants to feel like a cool mom, and your kids will think that you are extra cool when you are driving them around listening to all of their favorite popular songs on Sirius Radio! The music controls are easy to use and you can always have great selections of everyones favorite songs!
But really, the coolest feature of the Kia Sedona is the sunroofs. Yep, plural. Not only did we have one Sunroof above the driver seats, but we had a seconds one above the passenger seats! I think its funny how cool kids think sunroofs are! They are nice during warmer weather because it allows cool air to circulate, but they are especially fun at night when all of the stars are out and you can see them above you! They sunroof is easy to control and such a cool mom feature!
6. Style- It was interesting showing the Sedona off to family and friends because they all commented on how impressed they were with the look of the vehicle. We received a lot of “wow’s” and one even stated that the loved the lines and look of the Sedona that it looked classier than vans that they were used to. The Kia Sedona is a beauty to look at on the inside and outside and is such a classy vehicle.
We had such a fun time driving around the Kia Sedona and found that it really fit all of the needs of busy parents! I love the safety features that it offers that help give me the confidence on the road to keep my family safe. The Kia Sedona is such a great vehicle choice for moms!
Not only is the Kia Sedona Mom approved, but it is Kid approved, too!